Unregistered

what pill?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: help new
      #341450 - 01/31/09 10:36 AM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

i have to follow i diet from a docter no ceral grains and have lots fruit veg and stuff and have laxitives at night still not going the loo and am so bloated its killing me

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#341451 - 01/31/09 10:51 AM

Unregistered

What you need to do is stop listening to that doctor.Laxatives are an ibs NO NO! you need to get heather's books..you shouldn't eat lots of fruits and vegtables..you need to eat souluble fiber foods and gently put fruits and vegtables into your diet..for example eat minute rice or spagetti noodles with some cooked vegtables. I suggest you follow this advice..your doctor sounds stupid. Get a pound of chammomile herb from a health food store..if u can't get to one..I have a number that will ship items to your house if u want it. Please get replace your laxative with REGIMINT http://www.regimint.com/ I take align,that is really good,u can buy it at most pharmacies or they will order it for you and have it in really fast.

#341452 - 01/31/09 11:03 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

It can take many days, weeks or months before you notice the benefit of using diet, laxatives and hypnosis CDs to manage IBS your symptoms. You will have to be patient.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#341453 - 01/31/09 11:05 AM
julieb123

this doctor is meant to be really good lots say he is i feel so ill and unhappy confused so many people telling me so many different stuff

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#341456 - 01/31/09 12:35 PM

Unregistered

I was just wondering if english was your first or second language? You kind of remind me of a little kid when u talk.
Well that doctor is going against the eating for Ibs diet. Laxatives are really bad for ibs. If you digestive system already doesn't work right,you can't take laxatives because you can get dependant on them. Laxatives can stop working with people with ibs too.

"Cathartic Colon
Cathartic colon is the anatomic and physiologic change in the colon that occurs with chronic use of stimulant laxatives (> 3 times per week for at least 1 year).[37] Signs and symptoms of cathartic colon include bloating, a feeling of fullness, abdominal pain, and incomplete fecal evacuation.[23] Radiologic studies show an atonic and redundant colon.[36] Chronic use of stimulant laxatives can lead to serious medical consequences such as fluid and electrolyte imbalance, steatorrhea, protein-losing gastroenteropathy, osteomalacia, and vitamin and mineral deficiencies.[38] When the drug is discontinued, radiographic and functional changes in the colon may only partially return to normal because of drug-induced neuromuscular damage to the colon.[39]
Anthranoid laxatives (aloe, cascara sagrada, and senna) are derived from naturally occurring plants and are considered to be stimulant laxatives. Short-term use of stimulant laxatives is safe,[40] but abuse of these drugs can cause melanosis coli[39] and possibly increases the risk of colonic cancer.[40] Melanosis coli, a benign condition, is characterized by dark pigmentation of the colonic mucosa that usually develops 9 months after initiating the use of these drugs and disappears just as quickly after the drug is discontinued.[23]"

#341458 - 01/31/09 01:03 PM
julieb123

thank you for help but am 28 no kid i have lots of illness and i have anorexia abuse of laxitives yes i cant spell or put senses together please dont knock me its bad enough in life with what am going thought
ibs anorexia rosacea brittle bones my mum have alzheimer's and she only 58
thought we were to help each other on this site

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#341459 - 01/31/09 01:22 PM

Unregistered

I wasn't trying to be hurtful. Anorexia abuse of laxities? So are u addicted to laxatives? Ibs would really suck to have other illnesses with it..I mean when I got the flu..It sucked my ibs got all messed up for a while. I can't imagine a long term thing. Maybe you could slowly ease off the laxatives then stop them al together?

#341462 - 01/31/09 03:13 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Julie,

I am very sorry that you are feeling terrible. I think Syl is right that these things take time. It is difficult to be patient when you are in pain and worried.

Since your last visit have you spoken to Dr. Whorwill about how you are feeling? Did you tell him that you have a past problem with laxatives? Your history and concern about using laxatives seems to be causing you stress.

From what I have heard about Dr. Worwill he has a good reputation. I think if you have concerns about this new plan and how you are feeling or how slowly you feel you are progressing then you need to communicate with his office and see what advice they have for you.

We are here to support each other but we are not doctors. The information you get on the diet board comes from other peoples experience with IBS. As you know what works for one does not necessarily work for another. There are many who have tons of knowledge and info regarding IBS and we all appreciate and value their advice, imput and the time they take to share this knowledge to help others. All of this wonderful advice cannot replace what your doctor is trying to do to help you.

No worries about your spelling or sentence structure. Perfect grammar is not a requirment to get help on the boards.

hugs to you sweetie,

--------------------
Janey

Hope This Helps new
      #341478 - 01/31/09 09:33 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I wish there was some quick fix for what we go through, but unfortunatley I can only supply sympathy and advice. First of all, it's great that you found a Dr. that you can trust. It's very important that you communicate with him. Show him Heather's diet. Tell him all your concerns. The two of you should come up with a plan to try, and if it's notworking,try something else. It's important to remember that he wants to help you and you need to communicate you concerns and confusion. My Dr. and I joke about how I cured myself... but believe me, four years ago it wan NO JOKE! This website is great for support and advice. I don't know what I would have doen without it. Sometimes you just need to talk with people who are going through it too, and who understand. I hope you feel better soon.
Chany

#341479 - 01/31/09 09:54 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Julie it sounds like you're going through a really rough time right now. Is there anyone nearby you can talk to in person? It really hepls sometimes just to be with another person. Just to hang out, watch TV or soemthing to get your mind off the BMs for a while. Chamomile tea will definatley help settle your stomach and warm you up (is it cold where you live? It is here.) I know it sounds wierd but try to distract yourself with something good (like scrapbooking or a good movie) I wish I could help you more. Did you read my earlier post? Hope you feel better soon.
Chany

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1705 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4259

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review