All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New Allergies - help?
      #341443 - 01/31/09 08:34 AM
artimmersion

Reged: 08/04/08

I just got a lot of tests done, and it turns out I have this list of allergies (at this time, I don't know which are more severe, but I would assume the first 2 are pretty severe):

Dairy
Soy
Nuts: cashew, coconut
Beans: kidney, lima, pinto, ung, lentils, peas
canteloupe

Does anyone have any suggestions for a grocery list?
This is what I have now (I have some food at home already like rice, egg white, bananas, almonds):

unsweetened almond milk (any suggestions on other milk alternatives? i was having trouble finding one w/out a lot of sugar)\
canned tuna
fruits
oatmeal
garbanzo beans (for hummus)
peanut butter (any suggestions?)
cookies / snacks
wheat thins / crackers
sweet potatos
chicken

--------------------
food allergies: soy, dairy, peas, lentils...& more
IBS-A
nausea, dizziness, fatigue
when will it end?

http://artimmersion.etsy.com

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Have you tried rice Milk? new
      #341480 - 01/31/09 10:09 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I wonder if there is a health food store nearby that you can go to for help. I have a friend who is allergic to glutton, and when I invited her over for a meal the salesman at Wild Oats was very helpful. Is there a store like that near you?
Is the list at the bottom stuff you can have? If you can have tuna, you could probaly tolerate tilapia (a realy yummy fish that is very easy to cook). Do you think you may be able to tolerate apple sauce or peeled apples. Do you think that you mmay be able to eat cheerios with rice milk, or flavored rice cakes. What about angel food cake? If you can tolerate peanut butter then may I suggest Skippy Natural. It's low in sugar but doesn't taste organicy (it's a staple in my house and you can put it on crackers, apple slices and what ever else you want) I know that there are rice cheeses avaialable, Can you eat chex if you can you can make a chex mix with chex, pretzels, a little salt and a bit of oil in the microwave. I hope this helps. I can give you my shopping ist if you want more ideas. Feel good.
Chany

Re: New Allergies - help? new
      #341524 - 02/01/09 04:54 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

How can you be allergic to legumes (beans and peas and cashews I believe) without being allergic to peanuts or garbanzos?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: New Allergies - help? new
      #349293 - 08/22/09 10:53 AM
Penney

Reged: 08/21/09

I'm allergic to soy and hazelnuts and my allergist told me to stay away from all legumes (including peanuts-- which are legumes not nuts, chickpeas, etc) and all tree nuts (including almonds).

Try rice milk!

I do not eat any nuts, soy products or beans. I buy a soy free/gluten free bread from Ener-G. It is made with white rice.

--------------------
IBS-C, GERD, Lactose Intolerant, "Allergic" to Legumes (Soy!), Tree Nuts.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1216 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1450

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review