All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Steffiejoy can I ask you something?
      #341336 - 01/28/09 02:11 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I was just wondering what you eat. Like what are some of your favorite meals and snacks? I am stuck in a rut again and I think were about on the same page with food. I know everyones differant. I was just curious.Hope you don't mind me asking thanks
emmasmom(Sheila)
ibs-c gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Steffiejoy can I ask you something? new
      #341350 - 01/28/09 06:40 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi Sheila!
I would be more than happy to share some of what I eat with you. Just keep in mind that I am IBS-D and I think you are IBS-C right?

Breakfasts:
Cornpops cereal with vanilla soymilk or
toast and all fruit spread
soy yogurt (silk brand)
Orange-mango juice

Snacks:
Baked tostitos with hummus (tribe oranic roasted red pepper brand)
pretzels (but I dont eat a lot of those they tend to make me bloat)
craisins
dried mango
organic animal crackers from trader joes
luna bars
smoothies- I'm allergic to bananas and honey so I sometimes use mangoes and raspberries and soy milk
*I dont snack a lot which is where I am stuck in a rut, baked tostitos and hummus are like my go to snack when I am in the mood for a small snack*

Lunches:
Turkey sandwich with dijon mustard on italian bread
baked tostitos and hummus
some days I just eat rice with teriyaki sauce
Subway- chicken teriyaki sandwhich or turkey
*lunches for me are typically the same- I'm a teacher and try to eat as safe as possible during the day*

Dinners:
my go to main "safe" dinner is white rice, grilled chicken, cooked carrots and teriyaki sauce (the sauce is store bought at a local store)
burritos: flour tortillas, cut up grilled chicken, white rice, veganrella cheese (used to be vegan sour cream but not anymore), to add some "if" I cook green peppers and put them in it too. I also put some salsa in there too.
pasta with light ragu sauce (fat free)
I also make your meal alot- that chicken with mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes with soy milk
homemade chicken noodle soup: fat free chicken broth, chicken breasts cut up, carrots, celery, mushrooms, penne pasta
turkey meatloaf- recipe is on this board
turkey burgers- jennie-o 99% fatfree ground white meat turkey
Tyson chicken burgers
baked/sweet potatoes

Desserts/treats
anti-depressant brownies from this site- I love them!
vegan truffles- I posted the recipe recently
I can handle some candy- like lemonheads, sour patch kids and dots
sorbet
soy icecream- trader joes makes an awesome mango/vanilla

*my food seems kinda boring as well, I do typically eat the same things each week.
*for the superbowl, I am hosting a party so I am going to try the pulled chicken from this website and the sugar cookie recpie from this website*
*because I am IBS-d I stick to mainly soluable fiber. I try to throw in some very cooked green peppers and onions and maybe some green beans. I know I need more vegetables in my diet.
I hope this helped you! What kinds of things do you eat?

Stefanie

#341380 - 01/29/09 02:22 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi Thanks so much for your reply. I am C. Heres what I eat

Breakfeast
Rice chex
Crisp-x
Gorllia Munch
Malt-o Meal (plain or with cinnamon and sugar or berries)

Snack
Trader joes animal cookies ( I love these to)
Keebler Cinnamon Grham Crackers & almond milk
Smoothie Peach/blueberry or peach/Strawberry
Heathers Zucchini Bread
Vegan Bluberry Muffins There my favorite ( try these and just start with a 1/2 cup and work your way up)
Can Pears ( once in a while)
Vegan Crockpot Pumpkin bread pudding
Cool jells its like jello but vegan I found it at whole foods its good
Trader joes 100 Calorie Choclate Grham Toucan cookies I love these there my new favorite

Lunch
This is the hardest for me I try to have leftovers if not Sara Lee makes a oven roasted Chicken breast thats really good I have that and Michaels Seasons Bake chips. I always try to have lettuce and tomatoe to get in if at lunch.

Dinner
I get tired of the same poatoes rice and pasta I eat more poatoes than anything I just don't have that many recipes for pasta heres a few of my favorites meals
Chicken Carrot Zucchini Bugers with advacdo and lettuce and tomatoe with fat free french dressing (kraft)
Chicken ball soup
Chicken and rice Casserole with Carrots and green beans
Taco Lasagna made with ground turkey carrots and Zucchini
I tried the poatoe chowder from the board its good
Ore-ida makes a great frozen mashed poatoe there just poatoes you cook them in the microwave and then add your own butter and milk I love them there so quick and easy.
I like alot of green beans some creamed corn and little salads. Sweet Poatoes here and there
lots of chicken

Desserts
I love the easy fruit cobbler made with peaches and blueberrys and so does my dh and daughter
No pudge brownies ( I posted a recipe for these its called no pudge brownie clone)
Choclate Pumpkin Cake made right out of a box with just a can of pumpkin! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! I had just add few extra chips yum!
Choclate Zucchini Cookies
Sugar cookies from here the ones I think from kree I made these at christmas very good.

I wish I could do yogurt does it take a while to get use to the soy? I wish I could do hummus to. I don't know wheere to start with it cause its beans and they scare me!

I miss jam I think I have a prolbem with pectin???? I can't do bananas I think its because of the pectin.
I wish I could get more if in or at least differant if
Thanks again for taking the time do this for me. I read a post were your talking about babies?? Get on a mult-vitimin soon I tried and tried for like 6 months to fine one that set well will me and lisa marie on here suggested the Target brand I take one half at lunch and the other at dinner and its one of the best things I did for my self. Take care feel free to email me wih any questons.
hugs
Emmasmom (Sheila)
ibs-c gas

Edited by emmasmom (03/29/09 05:52 PM)

#341394 - 01/29/09 07:25 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hey Sheila
Thanks for your meal ideas!!
Is the vegan blueberry muffin recipe on this website? That sounds great! I am also wondering about your taco lasagna, that sounds good too! Whats the recipe for that like?
I struggle the most with lunch also. Typically I do eat leftovers- leftover rice from the night before or pasta. I always have turkey and hummus on hand for lunch as well. I was nervous about hummus myself, but I found that a lot of people here can eat it so I just gave it a shot and I eat it almost every day now! My suggestion is the Tribe brand organic roasted red pepper hummus.
I also like the No Pudge brownies- they are so easy! I am trying Kree's sugar cookies for the super bowl, I will let you know how I like them!
Trader Joes makes an awesome pumpkin bread! I think I have seen that you cant eat applesauce but I am sure you could use canned pumpkin instead. Its sooo good and my husband loves it too!
As for the soy yogurt- I never used to like yogurt anyways but because I was lacking in nutrients and I wanted some pro-biotics I tried this and I actually like the soy better than normal yogurt!
As for babies: our plan is to get pregnant in September (of course this is God willing and the "perfect plan")
I'm a teacher so if I get pregnant in September I would have the baby in June which would give me the summer to be with the baby.
Unfortunetly I have other issues to deal with besides IBS. I had open heart surgery a little over a year ago and am "high risk". Plus when all this IBS stuff happened I lost 100 lbs in about 6 months. Granted I needed to lose the weight but my cardiologist kinda freaked. All that malnourishment sent my heart into a tizzy. So I go see my cardiologist Feb. 25. He wants me on pre-natels 6 months before I get pregnant. I am quite nervous about how they will react with me. I dont know what kind hes going to put me on and if I have to follow those orders or if I can use some like the Target brand you suggested. Does this mean that you want to get pregnant soon too? Its very exciting!! Well wishing you happy tummy days and an excellent weekend!! Thanks again!

Stefanie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1679 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1379

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review