All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Article in Woman's World
      #341298 - 01/27/09 06:10 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

A friend cut out this article and mailed it to me. It seems to go against what I've learned on this website.

The Article comes from Woman's World Jan. 5th 2009. Someone with authority (Heather???) should set them straight before more people are in agony.

Eating coconut cookies, like coconut macaroons, daily may bring relief to people who suffer from chronic diarrhea caused by illnesses like irritable bowel syndrome or Crohn's disease. The standard medical treatment for diarrhea is eating high-fiber foods, and coconut is one of the highest-fiber plant foods. The article says to eat two macaroons a day, or 1 tbs of grated coconut on whole-wheat toast whenever symptoms hit.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Article in Woman's World new
      #341300 - 01/27/09 06:14 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Thats actually not the first time Ive heard that! My aunt whom is no longer living had Crohns and my mom told me that she had heard of eating coconut macaroons to help. I read the label on the coconut macaroons and decided that almost all the ingredients seem to not be IBS safe, so where this is coming from I dont know. But I have heard it before!

Stefanie

#341308 - 01/27/09 11:49 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I've read that coconut oil is benefitial when it comes to IBS and IBD. I tried it a while ago (used it in cooking and baking) but didn't see any difference.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#341313 - 01/28/09 08:32 AM
mcem222

Reged: 12/21/08

Thats interesting. We all know that coconut is very high in fat, but don't different types of fats/oils have different effects?

#341328 - 01/28/09 12:41 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The subject of coconut and coconut macaroons has come up on this board before. I think the reason it's been touted as helpful is because coconut has a laxative effect, which would help people with C.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#341344 - 01/28/09 06:04 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

It's true. For many people, eating coconut macaroons has helped them.

#341358 - 01/28/09 09:01 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

When Dr. Jordan Rubin's material first came out and he touted the miracles of coconut - I tried coconut milk - horrible experience! Also, don't know about the "D", but coconut is a definite "no-no" for diverticulosis/diverticulitis.... Hope it works for everyone else. Love coconut maccaroons - wish I could eat them too!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1401 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2510

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review