Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Could this have been the problem??
      #341288 - 01/27/09 02:55 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hey everyone,
I've had a pretty bad day today and I was wondering if this could have been the cause of it: Tofutti Sour Supreme:ingredients:
water, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, isolated soy protein, maltodextrin, tofu, non-dairy lactic acid, cellulose, locust bean, guar and carageenan gums, sugar, salt vegetable mono and diglycerides, potassium sorbate

I made "burritos" which I do every week with just flour tortillas, grilled chicken, rice, and salsa. This time I added the sour supreme that I found at a hfs. I also used veganrella cheese but I've had that before and it doesnt usually bother me. Today I woke up with cramps/pain and plenty of "d". I went to work but I was in and out of the bathroom with "d" all day. Have any of you tried this sour supreme? Ugh, what a bad day. Thanks!

Stefanie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Could this have been the problem?? new
      #341289 - 01/27/09 03:33 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hi Steffie,
I don't post much anymore, but wanted to tell you that I've had troubles with the tofutti stuff.the cream cheese really gave me cramps and bloating, so who knows. I feel like some of the substitute things really bother me. I cannot do soy cheese, yet I am OK with rice cheese even though there are some milk ingredients in it. But dairy does usually bother me. IBS is a strange game to figure out the rules!
How are you doing? You been feeling well, minus this bump in the road? Hope so! Are you ready for the snow? I'm in Columbus and we're getting blasted right now as I type! I'm praying for a snow day... we'll see!

--------------------
IBS-A

#341291 - 01/27/09 03:55 PM
steffiejoy

Hey Aly!
Thanks so much for your response! It seems hit or miss with me sometimes. Once I had veganrella and was fine, and once I had it and was not. But this tofutti sour supreme stuff messed me up all day. I think I am going to stay away from it which is a bummer because I really liked it! I tried some sort of veggie shreds cheese once not reading the label clearly and I had quite an attack after that. Then I discovered the casein in it. So I dont know. Its so unpredictable.
Ive been pretty good though- minus today! My husband and I have been talking about having babies lately, so I am really excited but also nervous. I feel like after I have an attack my body feels so depleated of nutrients- I just hope that doesnt affect a baby.
I am so sick of snow!! I live in the Cleveland area but work in Akron, and they are predicting a lot coming in Akron and some in Cleveland. I am totally hoping for a snow day tomorrow too!!
How have you been lately? Have you been feeling good? Hows the job going? Hope all is well!! Thanks again!

Stef

#341294 - 01/27/09 04:34 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I am in the same boat I can't do any of that tofutti stuff either. I aour cream so bad to. It give sme cramps and a very upset stomach. I can't handle much soy either. What kind of cheese so you eat? Do you handle it ok? Hope you feel better soon. I am not having a good tummy day either! Take care!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#341296 - 01/27/09 05:27 PM
steffiejoy

emmasmom,
This was the first Toffuti stuff that I tried and I dont think I am going to try anymore! Its a major bummer because I really liked the taste and I feel like when my husband and I make burritos his look soooo much better than mine! Anyways... as for cheese I usually eat Veganrella. Ive found it at health food stores. It comes in all different flavors. But- I dont always tolerate it. Some days I do and others I dont. I guess thats all part of the unpredictable IBS. Sorry to hear that you arent feeling well today either! Some days are so frustrating.

Stefanie

#341297 - 01/27/09 06:00 PM
Aly

I didn't realize you work in Akron-- I'm from Fairlawn originally! Crazy! Anyway, sorry to hear the tofutti not mgiht set well with you either. it's too bad that is the only brand that makes things like cream cheese and sour cream we can eat! How sad! The tofutti ice cream always bothers me too...
I've been well. Enjoying my jobs! I have a few now. I'm in the middle of directing a play for 7th and 8th graders, and it's been really fun. How exciting that you and your hubby are taking about kids! We're waiting another few years, but we are both excited at the thought of starting a family!:)
Hope that snow day comes true for both of us!

--------------------
IBS-A

I eat it without problems- nt new
      #341302 - 01/27/09 06:37 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Snow day today Aly?? -nt new
      #341316 - 01/28/09 09:28 AM
steffiejoy

yep!! me AND my hubby! woohoo! you?-nt new
      #341318 - 01/28/09 10:11 AM
Aly

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: yep I did!! But the hubby still had work -nt new
      #341335 - 01/28/09 02:09 PM
steffiejoy

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1502 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4643

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review