All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New to Board
      #341207 - 01/25/09 05:31 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

I am new to the IBS diet. I have spent the last 3 days researching the site to see what all it had to offer. I have not been able to work since October 08 and been on state disability since Nov 08. I have lost 60lbs since October so had colonoscopy, upper GI, endoscopy, pelvic CT scan done to see what was going on. Only new thing they found was the Hiatal Hernia. I am currently taking zoloft 100mg daily, remeron 15mg at bedtime, librium 25 mg 2x daily, zegrid 40mg 2x daily, bentyl 10mg 4x daily as needed, and Esgic 4x daily as needed. Even with all this and not working i still have a horrible time with the diarrhea, nausea, waking up at night, headaches, anxiety, depression, severe pain and gerd. I feel like I am at the end of my rope at times. I dont know what is causing what anymore, ugh !!

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New to Board new
      #341211 - 01/25/09 06:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I hope you get some help here!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#341216 - 01/25/09 08:31 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Wow. It sounds like you're going through a really rough time. I'm so sorry. This site really helped me and I'm sure it will help you too. I don't know what all those medications are but are they all really necessary? Meds can reek havic on your stomach. Perhaps you and your doctor should have a discussion about all the stuff your taking and maybe you can also discuss with him/her what you learned on this web site and come up with a plan. The IBS diet really does help. It takes a little getting used to at first, but it's like anything else in life. You get used to it and it's as easy as breathing. Print out the cheat sheet and paste it up on your fridge so it's there to help you when you are about to eat. I hope my rambling was helpfull. Keep well.
Chany

#341222 - 01/26/09 09:35 AM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

The meds I am on are for the depression (zoloft), anxiety (librium, ibs spasms (bentyl), tension headaches (esgic),the gerd (zegerid), and one to help me sleep (remeron) better at night. I have been on alot of other meds before as well and it seems nothing really works for me. I still get sick, extreme pain, anxiety attacks, and so on.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

kind of a catch 22 new
      #341255 - 01/26/09 06:56 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Meds can cause side effects to someone with IBS. So they could make the IBS symptoms worse while attempting to relieve anxiety and depression. Have you ever heard of a drug that did not cause C or D? Hopefully you won't need the other meds someday and it would give your gut a rest.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 806 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1653

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review