All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
SOME QUESTIONS please help!
      #341136 - 01/22/09 07:41 PM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

I was wondering about taking probiotics (acidophilis) and if I should experience some side effects when I begin taking them. Also, if I should take with a big meal or is just a little food ok?
Also wondering, just bought Tofutti and Rice Dream and they are so good. I can have like 2 spoons of it, but both seem to make me feel a little uncomfortable, like gassy i think. WHy would this be? I can understand the soy but what would be in the rice dream that would cause that? Anyone have the same prob? UNless its something else I ate but I dont think so. THis is what I ate today. ANyone see why I would feel like this?
cream of farina, grilled chicken on a wrap, zbar, Thomas plain bagel with smart balance light, Rice dream, crystallized ginger, mashed sweet potatoes with cool whip, 1 vans wheat free dairy free waffle. These are all good right?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SOME QUESTIONS please help! new
      #341139 - 01/23/09 05:54 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Acidophilis will not help much with IBS. However, probiotics that contain Bifidobacteria species (e.g. infantis and longum) have demonstrated some efficacy for IBSers. It doesn't matter when you take a probiotic. You might experience some gas and bloating for a few days or couple of weeks after you starting a probiotic.

Thomas plain bagels contain sucralose an artificial sweetener, cool whip contains high fructose corn syrup and crystallized ginger is very high in insoluble fiber. All of these could be problematic for some IBSers.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Does the bloating go away after a while? new
      #341162 - 01/23/09 01:39 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I bought Heather's Accasia powder and stopped using it after two days b/c of the bloating. But if it is only temperary then maybe I'll go back on it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1576 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1361

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review