All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My daughter has IBS and i'm really worried about her
      #340732 - 01/12/09 04:51 PM
annrose4

Reged: 01/12/09

I'm new to this board and anyone who can help it would mean so much to me. My daughter was diagnosed with IBS just over 3 years ago and it has taken over her life completely, really concerned about her, she suffers from depression bad anxiety and has a under-active thyroid and these things debilitate her further, she gets very bad bloating and spends most of her time in the toilet she is obsessed with "getting the wind out" as she puts it and punches her stomach thinking this will help the problem and eliminate the gas and she can't seem to understand that it's most likely making the matter worse i'm so worried that she will hurt herself. I don't know can anyone offer any light into this? any help would be such a help to her and to me. thankyou

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My daughter has IBS and i'm really worried about her new
      #340737 - 01/12/09 07:41 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I'm so sorry that you have to watch yout daughter go through this. It must be hard. How old is she ( if you don't mind my asking) My teenager suffers from an anxiety disorder and it can sometimes take over her life if she's been lax with her medication. If she's very bloated have her try some fennal tea. That reduced my swelling and I also find that chamomile tea calms my stomach down. I put a bit of sugar in my tea to make it more palletable. Also try the hypnosis tapes that Heather offers. She has a sample sound bite that you can listen too on this site, I found it be very soothing to listen to and it might aleviate some of her anxiety. Try to get her to log on and chat with other IBSers. Misery loves company and it might help her to see that she is not alone in her suffering. (I signed my daughter up for a support group a few summers ago and it made her feel alot better to know there was a whole room of teenagers who had similar issues that she could talk to and exchange ideas with). What exactly are her symptoms Dihareah or constipation?
Hope this helps.
Chany

Re:May I also add..... new
      #340745 - 01/13/09 05:32 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Instead of punching her stomach what she can do is massage it.Start at the lower righthand side and with her knuckles or fingers, slow press and rub in circles.Start there and move your way up to th ebottom of her rib cage across the top to th eleft side and down the lefthand side.. Repeat as much as she wants to. This is colonic massage and will help to move the gas or waste to where it can be expelled.

She can also use a heat bag on her lower abdomen , that always soothes.

Also if she has gas issues, get on hands and knees with bum in the air and gently rock back and forth.This will also help pass gas.

HTH for now.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 179 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 905

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review