All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How long until constant urge to urinate dissipates?
      #340704 - 01/11/09 06:57 PM
lilycat

Reged: 01/06/09

Hello everyone. I have been sticking to Heather's recommendations as far as my diet goes for the past three days since I received my Eating for IBS book. I have been on a fiber supplement for about a month, however. I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to. I have a constant urge to urinate because my bladder keeps spasming. It seems to strike when I get an IBS attack, but doesn't go away for quite some time, even after my digestive system feels better. This is only the second time I've gotten this symptom (I've only had IBS for about three months), but it is very annoying because even after I urinate, I feel like I need to go again, even though there is nothing left. I was checked for a UTI, but it was negative and there is no pain with urination. My question is, how long does it take for this bladder problem to go away once I stick to the diet? Does anybody else have any experience with this?

Thank you!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How long until constant urge to urinate dissipates? new
      #340715 - 01/12/09 10:07 AM
Maye

Reged: 11/27/04
Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada

I have this as well, but it hasn't lessened any for me. In fact, I think it's gotten worse over the last year. I used to be on the lookout for a bathroom because of my IBS-D, but now it's because of this.

I also would like to know if there is any hope of this urge going away.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------
IBS D

#340719 - 01/12/09 10:38 AM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi

I don't get this but I wouldn't assume that's it part of the IBS. There are other possible causes that aren't a infection of the bladder. Check out http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/317354 for a discussion about possible causes. If you haven't already you need to see a urologist.

Hope this helps

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#340744 - 01/13/09 12:27 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

hi i am constantly having this and sometimes its an infection other times its not - my doc and the gastro guy said that people with irritable bowel can also get irritable bladder doesnt help us though does it and its dam annoying !!!

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 154 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1907

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review