All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
NEW YEARS PARTY FOOD AND MAKING A CAKE QUESTION??
      #340293 - 12/31/08 01:36 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

I am going to a new years party tonight and Im sure I wont be able to eat anything so I have to bring my own. I am making a BOX spice cake but using egg whites in sub for the full eggs. It says 3 eggs so I used 6 whites. It calls for 1/3 cup oil I used Canola and 1/ 1/3 cup water. Is that going to be ok? Any other suggestions on what to eat there Carrot sticks pretzels, water? Can I have any wine/ champagne to toast??

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: NEW YEARS PARTY FOOD AND MAKING A CAKE QUESTION?? new
      #340297 - 12/31/08 03:13 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I would skip the cake and make brownies if you still want a cake make a the chcolate one I am always talking about. Pretzels and baked chips are fine. I would make sure to have plenty of sf on your belly. I would pass on the alchol and just go safe with a water or a smoothie. I would make sandwitch roll ups take 1 can of pillsbury bread the french or italian and some deli luch meat like chicken or turkey roll it out and place the meat on the bread top with some safe cheese (if you wanted) some black olives and so on. roll it up cut like cinnamon rolls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet bake for about 10 mins or so there perfcet finger food. If you can do salsa bring safe chips and salsa. hth Have fun and Happy New year!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Re:Ideas for Filling sauces etc.. Emma or anyone? new
      #340317 - 01/01/09 10:58 AM
lisamonoson

Which chocolate one? I tried one on here and it was so dry and not much flavor but not sure if it is the one you are talking about since there are so many.
Also The roll ups sound good .. I dont like any of the soy cheeses etc so what can I add to make it not so dry. If you use the french bread ( I guess we cant do the cresent rolls I assume they are too fatty??) then turkey, chicken maybe cooked shrimp? Now Im Just looking for some sort of sauce to put with it.. Any ideas anyone?

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

#340336 - 01/01/09 03:48 PM
Pennie

Reged: 11/24/08
Loc: South Carolina, US

How about a little honey mustard sauce? I recently purchased one by the regular mustard that seems to be safe.

--------------------
IBS~D

#340340 - 01/01/09 07:28 PM
lisamonoson

Thanks that would be good with turkey breast & maybe throw in a leaf or 2 of spinach for the insoluble fiber to roll up in there..

--------------------

A little late new
      #340374 - 01/02/09 11:31 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Try the angel food cake with crushed pinapple. Every time I make it I get nothing but raves about how good it is. Also very easy to make.

--------------------
Janey

#340390 - 01/03/09 06:49 AM
emmasmom

I usulley don't add cheese either. I don't find them to dry. They honey mustard sounds good. Or some advacdo or salsa if you can do it maybe some safe dressing. I put mushrooms and black olives in mine and sometimes dip it in frech dressing. I think the cresents would be to high in fat. I would use the pillsbury french bread or italian bread. They go really well with soup. They choclate cake I was talking about its this. Take a box of duncan hines cake mix devils food and 1 can of pure pumpin and mix don't add anthing else. You can add safe choclate chips to this and make a pan of browines or a cake or muffins or for christmas I add some crushed candy canes and made cookies its so good and fudgey and you can't taste the pumpkin.Then if you want you can make a glaze for them but there wonderful with out it. They don't last long at my house when I make them. Yum! Hth let me know if I can help any more.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Re:Ideas for Filling sauces etc.. Emma or anyone? THAT WAS THE BEST!! new
      #340417 - 01/04/09 08:01 AM
lisamonoson

Hi Emma, That was the BEST cake I have had.. OMG.. My husband also cant stop eating it .. I cant believe that 1 can of pumpkin and 1 cake mix does that.. YUMMY.. Thanks so much.. Everyone should try it.. I wonder how it is with other flavors like vanilla cake mix??

--------------------

Re:Ideas for Filling sauces etc.. Emma or anyone? THAT WAS THE BEST!! new
      #340433 - 01/04/09 06:37 PM
emmasmom

I am so glad you liked it! I made it for my birthday and me and my hubby couldn't stop eating either. Its delicous and you can't even taste the pumpkin and its healthey for you! I love it. Quick and easy to! Enjoy....
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1028 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2411

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review