All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
For those who are stable- Help please.!Repeating the same food!
      #339950 - 12/23/08 05:16 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

For thsoe of you who are stable I know you are still eating the same meats like chicken ,fish, turkey buger, and so on how? I am much more stable than what I was this time last year but man am I burnt out on EVERYTHING! When theres only so many ways to fix it it get so old. How do you do it everyday with out thinking about it. Ya know. and not getting tired of repeating the same meats and the same sf all the time every week? Any advice would be great.
thanks emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

limitless online new
      #339958 - 12/23/08 05:29 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

There are so many recipes out there and different kinds of cuisine I never get sick of safe meats. But if your family doesn't like a broad array of recipes it makes it difficult. My husband doesn't like comfort food. If he can't put hot peppers on it he is not interested.

I keep the recipes I want to make in excel files and print them off websites (cooking light, epicurious) when I want to cook them. Then after I make them they go in folders of each type of thing. Anyway, I have 125 chicken breast recipes, 125 fish, 70 other seafood, 50 chicken peices, 100 turkey, etc. It is a long enough list to not get sick of the same old stuff. Maybe do some recipe searches and print out some exciting ones. Keep all your printouts and leaf through them occasionally.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: limitless online new
      #340647 - 01/09/09 09:05 PM
Sweetfudge

Reged: 03/13/06
Loc: Utah

Quote:

For thsoe of you who are stable I know you are still eating the same meats like chicken ,fish, turkey buger, and so on how? I am much more stable than what I was this time last year but man am I burnt out on EVERYTHING! When theres only so many ways to fix it it get so old. How do you do it everyday with out thinking about it. Ya know. and not getting tired of repeating the same meats and the same sf all the time every week? Any advice would be great.
thanks emmasmom
ibs-c gas

I feel the same way sometimes. I frequent the online cooking websites and forums (food network, allrecipes.com, epicurious, better homes and gardens) to mix it up a bit.

Quote:

There are so many recipes out there and different kinds of cuisine I never get sick of safe meats. But if your family doesn't like a broad array of recipes it makes it difficult. My husband doesn't like comfort food. If he can't put hot peppers on it he is not interested.

I keep the recipes I want to make in excel files and print them off websites (cooking light, epicurious) when I want to cook them. Then after I make them they go in folders of each type of thing. Anyway, I have 125 chicken breast recipes, 125 fish, 70 other seafood, 50 chicken peices, 100 turkey, etc. It is a long enough list to not get sick of the same old stuff. Maybe do some recipe searches and print out some exciting ones. Keep all your printouts and leaf through them occasionally.

haha, my husband is the opposite! he loves his five favorite meals, and anything else gets a skeptical look. thankfully, we've been married long enough for him to understand my love of cooking, and tolerate new dishes, even if he doesn't love them.
wow, that's quite a pile of recipes you have there!

--------------------
Sweetfudge

Diagnosed w/ celiac disease June 2006, and started gluten free diet.
Stopped eating dairy June 2008.
Started IBS diet October 2008.
Diagnosed w/ hypothyroidism in 2008 and lost 45 unwanted lbs!

Re: For those who are stable- Help please.!Repeating the same food! new
      #340653 - 01/10/09 03:38 AM
Hunca

Reged: 02/09/08

I have the same problem. Egg white, breast of chicken, some turkey, every now and then, a little 'white' pork. But, it's mostly egg white and chicken, and much as I love both, I get weary of it, day-in and day-out.

I can now handle Lean Cuisines again, so I use those quite often. I know cooking from scratch is far better than a processed food item, but I also deal with severe asthma and fibro, and cooking much just wears me out, anymore, so I need some things that are fast. I like the 30%-larger meal, the turkey with green beans, it's excellent. I have a little trouble, sometimes, with the bit of onion in there, but on 'good' days, with the proper fiber insulation and digestive enzymes, I can eat one of these with nary a bobble. Good portion control for me, as well. With the smaller Lean Cuisines (like the baked chicken with stuffing, yum!), I supplement with some cooked frozen veggies... gotta get some insoluble fiber, as well.

Being stable, for the most part, is wonderful. Yes, I still have bad days, but now I can even have a treat (a wild mushroom pizza with grilled chicken) at the California Pizza Kitchen! I am so jazzed, and that's thanks to Heather's fiber, for sure. I can eat broccoli again, too! woohooooo!

Oh, and hummus... in moderation, this stuff is GREAT.

** cheryl **
IBS-C

#340849 - 01/15/09 11:15 AM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

I have had days where I felt very burnt out, but usually it was more because of my complacency in searching for and trying new things, rather than my limitations. My diet also got better when I started eating tofu. I thought it would be gross, but it wasn't, and our family (all born meat & potato types) actually loves it. I eat fish, chicken breast, tofu/soy meats, and egg whites. Here's a sample of what I normally eat...

Breakfast - for me it's always either a bowl of oatmeal, a Thomas bagel (plain or cinnamon swirl - no raisins), or Dr Oetker's Oatmeal Muffins & egg whites. I have also eaten some GimmeLean soy sausage with my eggs and muffins a few times, and it was pretty good (you can definitely tell it isn't real pork, but it's not a bad flavor). I have never been a big breakfast eater, so I don't mind having the same things all the time for this meal.

Lunch:

Most days I try to cook enough dinner for me to eat leftovers the following day. If not, I eat one of the following:
* Amy's ABC veggie soup and French bread
* Stir-Fry Tofu (drained and cut in small cubes and cooked in soy sauce) with rice or pasta
* Amy's Soy Cheeze pizza. I take off most of the cheeze due to the fat content, but it's still yummy.
* Boar's Head deli chicken sandwich and safe chips

Dinners:
* Breakfast food - I make my egg whites and muffins, and I make regular eggs, bacon, & biscuits for everyone else.

* Beef night - I like to make a beef dish for the guys once a week, and on those nights I usually make safe side dishes, and I eat tuna or bake a salmon filet for myself.

* Salmon patties with green beans and potatoes or rice or pasta

* Baked potato soup - A new favorite of ours!! I found a DELICIOUS and safe recipe in the recipe index. I also make grilled cheese sandwiches and salads for the boys. I just pig out on the yummy soup!

* Stir-fry (could be chicken, shrimp, or tofu). I cook the veggies (carrots, zucchini, etc.) and meat and add some soy sauce. Served with white rice. Hubby adds his own hot sauce.

* Crockpot chicken & rice - saw a yummy recipe for this, but haven't tried it yet. Seems like an easy and yummy safe meal, though. Would be good with any veggie you like.

* Taco night - I use GimmeLean fat free soy "beef" and add my homemade taco seasoning (from the recipe index). Served with tortillas (or taco shells and normal taco fixings for hubby). I just eat mine plain, and it's fine for me. Baked Tostitos and Amy's Mild Salsa. A family favorite for sure!!

* Spaghetti - I use Amy's Family Marinara and add tofu (drained and cut into small cubes). I try to eat more tofu than red sauce, and I pile on the pasta! French bread is good with this, too.

* My veggie soup - I posted a recipe in the recipe index a while back for Lots O Veggies Soup.

Eating Out:
*Seafood - I love to get crab legs, grilled shrimp, grilled salmon, broiled tilapia, etc. I order them plain with NO BUTTER, and I get a plain baked potato or plain noodles or whatever safe side item they have.

* Grilled chicken and pasta - again I order it plain with no butter, oil, seasoning, etc.

* Pizza - I found a gourmet pizza place that has safe pizza dough and offers soy cheese, so I can get that for my pizza fix (very light on the cheese - remember fat content!).

*Mexican - Chicken fajitas with rice. I had to really hunt to find a couple of safe Mexican restaurants. Some places sent me running in minutes, but after some trial and error I found one that is not greasy, and I'm able to eat lots of yummy food with no ill effects at all.

* Pretzels - this is a fun treat at the mall. Auntie Anne's and Wetzel's Pretzels are both safe, if you have them bake a fresh one for you with NO BUTTER. I like to get cinnamon sugar on mine.

#340852 - 01/15/09 12:35 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Thank you for taking the time to post these! I am looking forward to trying some. Thanks again for your time. I appericate it! hugs xxxxx
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 264 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1985

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review