All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
gas
      #339478 - 12/16/08 12:07 PM
zdavis

Reged: 12/16/08

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot but I have a question that I hope someone can help me with-I have been diagnosed with IBS. My main problem is that I do not produce a lot of gas. Over the counter products do not work for me, sometimes they make it worse. Does anyone know of anything that can increase or stimulate gas, food or medicine or anything? Thanks, I really do appreciate it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: gas new
      #339481 - 12/16/08 12:14 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I take charcocaps for the gas in my intestine. It helps. you can get them at wal-mart or pharmacies. I may not be of much help right now considering I'm in tremendous pain with gas and bloating! Ugghh. It sucks doesn't it? Are you C or D? or do you know? Have you started following the dietary guidelines. It's hard for me to get the gas out also, but there's not any food that I have found that helps. Do not try to drink soda, it helps for a minute, but you'll regret it in a few days. Everyone says to drink it for gas, but IBS sufferers should not. And yes, you can post this kind of question here anytime!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#339482 - 12/16/08 12:26 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Welcome to the board,

There are many foods which can promote the production of gas in the bowel. Removing these foods from you diet can help a lot with gas.

Are you following Heather's eat for IBS diet? If yes, can you post the meals and snacks you have eaten in the past 2-3 days. If no, you might read the information about the diet starting on this web page paying particular attention to soluble fiber, insoluble fiber and trigger foods.

Are you IBS-C, IBS-D or IBS-A?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#339556 - 12/18/08 06:59 AM
zdavis

Thanks for responding and congratulations about the wedding. I don't know which I am, C or D. The doctors (I've been to more than one) never have discussed this with me. All I know is that I cannot eat anything without bloating and yes I have tried Heather's advice for your diet. It helps but the relief only last for a brief moment. But, I'm glad you mentioned charcocaps.

#339557 - 12/18/08 07:00 AM
zdavis

Thanks for responding and congratulations about the wedding. I don't know which I am, C or D. The doctors (I've been to more than one) never have discussed this with me. All I know is that I cannot eat anything without bloating and yes I have tried Heather's advice for your diet. It helps but the relief only last for a brief moment. But, I'm glad you mentioned charcocaps.

#339558 - 12/18/08 07:03 AM
zdavis

Hey,

I don't know what I am, C, D, or A. The doctors (I've been to more than one) never discussed that with me. I have followed Heather's dietary advice and it would bring momentary relief in my day. I guess I should go back. Some relief is better than none. It just seems like that everything I eat (including what Heather recommends makes me bloat). I will be glad (and I'm sure everyone else will) when some effective medicine comes out on the market.

#339560 - 12/18/08 07:06 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

No problem! We are all here to help! And thank you for your praises!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#339563 - 12/18/08 07:14 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

IBS-C, IBS-D and IBS-A are not diagnosis given by doctors. They are your assessment of whether you are predominately constipated (IBS-C), diarrhea (IBS-D) or alternating between the two (IBS-A).

Have you tried removing all source of grain bran from your diet? Do you keep you soluble fiber consumption higher than your insoluble fiber consumption? Have you tried reducing you consumption of high fructose fruits such as apples, pears, mango and melons.

If you post the meals and snacks you have eaten over the past 2-3 days we can suggest dietary modifications you might try to reduce bloating and gas.

Good luck

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1618 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4313

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review