Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
In the Spirit of Monday....
      #339387 - 12/15/08 09:44 AM
ericai

Reged: 11/09/08
Loc: Nassau County, NY

I couldn't help myself.

Late last week and over the weekend I was C and over the weekend felt pretty good. I was busy and able to run errands with my son (we saw Santa twice ).

But of course in the spirit of Monday, I woke up and started getting ready for work. 30 min before leaving I started in the bathroom 6 loose BMs (all formed and like toothpaste!) but with cramps.

Thankfully my son's daycare is 1/2 way to work. I made it to the bathroom there (much looser BM-pencil thin, with heavy cramping). Then when I got to work, more heavy cramping with D.

I find it fascinating that the human body can hold so much!!

I should rename my Mondays to Elimination Mondays or Detox Mondays or something lol!

I can't figure out if it's because I cheated Sunday night at a holiday party with an angel food cupcake and a piece of chocolate OR if my system was overloaded and needed to get rid of everything AND probably the stress of the week starting again.

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: In the Spirit of Monday.... new
      #339389 - 12/15/08 09:55 AM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Hi Erica,

It was probably a combination of all three...the cheat, system overload (C), and Monday morning stress. I am the same as you. Sometimes, my system gets so C, that I have what I call a blow-out and well, it isn't pretty. My stools are also like yours at times.

Have you ever tried calcium? At times I will use Caltrate 600 with D, a hit with several meals, and it really does help.

Lynn

#339393 - 12/15/08 11:14 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Monday is definitely my worst day. I am hardly ever D, but can relate with the flare ups. They seem to be the worst on Monday. I am a weekend warrior when it comes to food on the weekend, I tend to, well, let's say, completely over do it! I just can't stop eating on the weekend. Then come Monday, I feel awful! I am bloated and cramp so badly it's unreal! I don't want to get out of bed, but that could just be cause it is Monday, ya know? Anyway, yes, Monday's are bad because of food, stress, and everything else!!!! aaarrrggghhh!!!!!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#339398 - 12/15/08 12:02 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

Quote:

I should rename my Mondays to Elimination Mondays or Detox Mondays or something lol!

I can't figure out if it's because I cheated Sunday night at a holiday party with an angel food cupcake and a piece of chocolate OR if my system was overloaded and needed to get rid of everything AND probably the stress of the week starting again.

Erica,

I'm curious. How do you make out on the other weekdays? Or is the weekend the only time you're symptom-free?

I noticed (only recently) that I have my best days on Saturdays and Sundays (normal days off from work and chores). I'm starting to think my issues are more psychological in cause than physical.

It follows (in my mind anyway) that if I'm more "relaxed" on those days I won't have IBS issues.

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#339399 - 12/15/08 12:14 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I find that on the weekends, I don't have as many symptoms. I think that mainly, in my case, is that I'm up doing stuff all day sat/sun. I cook for the week to come, I clean the house (at a leisurely pace), I go hunting, I go fishing, yes i'm a country girl. Anyway, I find that when I'm sitting on my rear, I get more attacks, and I'm on my rear all day at work! I exercise every morning, and I'm fine, but sit at work for a few hours along with the stress, and here comes another attack!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#339428 - 12/15/08 04:03 PM
Pennie

Reged: 11/24/08
Loc: South Carolina, US

Mondays are generally my worst day as well. The D always seems to start about 30min. before I have to leave for work. I teach so it is not fun to go to work not knowing if it is over or not. I take so much immodium just to get comfortable enough to go to work.

--------------------
IBS~D

#339439 - 12/15/08 06:20 PM
ericai

I'm a teacher too, so I know how you feel.

I used to be embarassed about using public toilets in the office. I would miss the days of being able to go when i need to go in an office.

Now I have to flag someone down to cover my class. It's a very trapped feeling. But I love my job and enjoy the kids.

Are you in elementary ed...with the kids all day?

I'm in MS so I teach 5 out of 8 periods a day (2x/wk I teach 6 periods).

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

For osob54/Lynn new
      #339458 - 12/16/08 05:24 AM
ericai

Hi Lynn,
I haven't tried Calcium yet...partly because i wasn't sure what kind to get, so thanks for the suggestion!

Do you take it immediately when you start to feel symptoms with a light meal? or do you wait until the D settles down a bit?

Yesterday my D ended in the morning around 830am (of course at the time I wasn't sure it was finished). I had a few rice cakes during the day but when I got home at 4pm I ate continuously until I went to bed (all safe foods-breads, pasta, potatoes, dry cereal). So would you have taken the calcium with the rice cakes or late afternoon with meals?

I think I ate too much though, because this morning again I had/have heavy cramps with loose bms. Maybe too much food for my system to handle since I was snacking/eating constantly yesterday afternoon/night.

Thanks again!

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

Re: For osob54/Lynn new
      #339461 - 12/16/08 06:05 AM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Hi Erica,

I got the idea of calcium from someone who posted to another IBS board. I thought why not try it. I usually take it with a meal. Or sometimes, I take it before bed. Calcium is constipating so if you do flip towards C then watch your dosage. I believe it states on the bottle to take with meals, however I have done it both ways. If my stomach is feeling "bubbly", I may take (3) a day. I base it on how my stomach feels on any given day.

I really admire you and to be honest, I don't know how you do it. To be a teacher and really "stuck" in the classroom, I don't know how you have not had an accident. You are very brave, but I know you have stated that you love the job and the kids.

Lynn

#339486 - 12/16/08 02:23 PM
Pennie

Reged: 11/24/08
Loc: South Carolina, US

IBS has seriously made me consider another job. I teach 1st graders so I have them all day and we get one 40 minute break a day.
My kids know that I have been sick (I have been out a lot and go to work late a lot) so I have taught them that if I am going to be sick they need to line up and go to the teacher across the hall ~ while I sprint to the closest restroom. Thank the Lord for great coworkers.

--------------------
IBS~D

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4332 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5046

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review