All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can rice milk cause constipation?
      #339378 - 12/15/08 08:57 AM
jason61

Reged: 04/12/07

Rice milk is the only thing I consistently drink every day, so i'm wondering if that is whats causing me so much trouble. I also drink the vitamin fortified kind, so maybe its the vitamins that are doing it?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can rice milk cause constipation? new
      #339384 - 12/15/08 09:31 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I don't think the rice milk should give you that much trouble. I was drinking it, until I realized there were not many nutritional benefits from the rice milk. You drink the fortified? I haven't heard of that. I know they say that rice is a binder and not good for constipation, but I don't see where the rice milk should cause you any trouble. My diet is pretty consistent as well, but I still get constipated. Sometimes it's not exactly what you eat; it could be what you ate two days ago. In other words, I have not had problems with rice milk. Can you drink almond or soy milk? They are better for you nutritionally, and to me, they taste better. Hope that helps!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#339397 - 12/15/08 11:38 AM
jason61

cant do soy and the nut milks give me problems too. my system is just very sensitive

#339401 - 12/15/08 12:16 PM
Kappy

hmmm... have you tried cutting out the rice milk as well? I know you probably want to drink something other than water all the time. But you might need to try, at least until you are stable. Have you tried the probiotic KEFIR? If you put it with your rice milk, it might work. Do a search for KEFIR on google, and I know you can order it somewhere. I don't really remember the website I got mine from, but I just started using it and it helps a good bit.

--------------------

#339416 - 12/15/08 01:36 PM
jason61

yeah im gonna try, but its tough cause i like to have cereal twice a day. im about to take some high quality probiotics- cant do any type of fermented beverage with dairy

#339417 - 12/15/08 01:39 PM
Kappy

I love my cereal too! I really love my milk, real milk! but I said so long to that a while ago! I take an L.Acidopholus supplement every morning with my breakfast. It seems to help. I also eat soy yogurt. You need calcium too! Make sure you are getting plenty from other sources. Ya gotta have strong bones to support that weak tummy! lol

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1221 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4067

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review