All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
What's my problem?
      #339345 - 12/14/08 09:52 AM

Unregistered

I want to follow the ibs diet so bad,but all I do is continue to make my ibs worse with the way I eat...Why do I try and then tell myself I must do this for myself I will not eat mcdonalds..I work there,and really want to stay there,as I don't drive and its close to my house and I work the hours I want 5-11,which is best with my ibs..

the food taste really good to me..what I do is try to resist it then I go and eat it..I really regret it when I have drama and problems at work cuz I realize, i'm making more problems for myself when I already have enough on my plate..please help me and can u relate?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

poop question new
      #339348 - 12/14/08 10:04 AM

Unregistered

yesterday I ate minute rice during the day mixed with jennio turkey sausage. I also ate a mango,and a bowl of rice chex cereal,I drank rice milk and light cho. soy milk. At work,I know its terrible..but I ate chiken selects with honeymustard sauce,swiss cheese,nuggests with yellow chese(american or watever its called) and a cupcake..Well i've went to the bathroom twice with very soft small stools and I can tell its the cupcake I ate cuz its greenish blue or watever,the color of the frosting on the cupcake..So why is the waste from the food I ate a couple hours before bed coming out and not the stuff I ate earlier?

Re: What's my problem? new
      #339349 - 12/14/08 10:27 AM
HollyA

Reged: 11/30/08
Loc: Southern Indiana

I feel really bad for you and can understand your difficulty! That's quite a temptation you have going on. My first thought it to get a different job. If you totally are not willing to work anywhere else than the only thing I can think to tell you is to bring lots of ibs safe snacks with you to work. I don't know if you like smoothies or not (I love them) but you could sip on one(or two)while you work. That might help chase any hunger pangs away you are having for McDonald's food. Don't let yourself get hungry-- satisfy yourself with the foods/drinks you bring from home.

#339350 - 12/14/08 10:30 AM

Unregistered

thank you,it would be hard to bring a smothie though..any ideas how to store it? and IF fiber at work,i don't want to..but do you know any safe ibs snacks I could put in my pocket? or satisfying small meal?

#339352 - 12/14/08 10:44 AM

Unregistered

oh hey, I can't bring a cup from home and be drinking out of it except on my half an hour break..and that could be anywhere from an hour or hour and a half of just getting to work or a couple hours..we get our breaks when its convinient because of business and number of people and who all needs breaks..i've been sent on break less than an hour after getting to work..but no smothies..more simple stuff.. I do have glass containers with snap lids I could use for things. and I carra backpack..and I have pockets I could but a little bit in..

#339356 - 12/14/08 11:26 AM
HollyA

As far as the cup goes I use a Tupperware cup with a leak-proof lid. It has a place to put a straw in which is leakproof as well- very handy. I am drinking a smoothy as we speak-- I am doing housework today and carry the cup around with me.
Snack ideas--
graham crackers- they have a new kind out now- little bee grahams- you'd be able to fit a bunch of them in a small container (or even your pocket!)
bananas
honeycomb cereal or pops
cereal bars
baked chips
homemade chex snack mix
That's all I can think of at the moment. Snack enough so that you're not too overly hungry so you aren't starving come lunch time. When we're that hungry we don't think and we give in easier. Take the time to prepare your snacks and lunches at home everyday before you go to work and that should help a lot. Good luck!

#339357 - 12/14/08 11:35 AM
HollyA

something else I just thought of that would be more filling.. baked chicken strips prepared at home and brought to work in a microwavable container. They aren't very messy and would be easy to snack on during your break. I have a recipe that is awesome. If you are interested let me know.

#339358 - 12/14/08 11:39 AM

Unregistered

actually,alot of the time i'm not starving or that hungry..I just go crazy or something.

#339361 - 12/14/08 12:33 PM

Unregistered

yes please..oh does it have shake n bake? cuz I think shank n bake is problemsome..oh do you know any brands of safe candies I can buy at wal mart? like some gummi kinds? or sugary?

bump..kappy your online..nt.
      #339383 - 12/15/08 09:29 AM

Unregistered

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2293 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17581

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review