All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
What's my problem?
      #339345 - 12/14/08 09:52 AM

Unregistered

I want to follow the ibs diet so bad,but all I do is continue to make my ibs worse with the way I eat...Why do I try and then tell myself I must do this for myself I will not eat mcdonalds..I work there,and really want to stay there,as I don't drive and its close to my house and I work the hours I want 5-11,which is best with my ibs..

the food taste really good to me..what I do is try to resist it then I go and eat it..I really regret it when I have drama and problems at work cuz I realize, i'm making more problems for myself when I already have enough on my plate..please help me and can u relate?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

poop question new
      #339348 - 12/14/08 10:04 AM

Unregistered

yesterday I ate minute rice during the day mixed with jennio turkey sausage. I also ate a mango,and a bowl of rice chex cereal,I drank rice milk and light cho. soy milk. At work,I know its terrible..but I ate chiken selects with honeymustard sauce,swiss cheese,nuggests with yellow chese(american or watever its called) and a cupcake..Well i've went to the bathroom twice with very soft small stools and I can tell its the cupcake I ate cuz its greenish blue or watever,the color of the frosting on the cupcake..So why is the waste from the food I ate a couple hours before bed coming out and not the stuff I ate earlier?

Re: What's my problem? new
      #339349 - 12/14/08 10:27 AM
HollyA

Reged: 11/30/08
Loc: Southern Indiana

I feel really bad for you and can understand your difficulty! That's quite a temptation you have going on. My first thought it to get a different job. If you totally are not willing to work anywhere else than the only thing I can think to tell you is to bring lots of ibs safe snacks with you to work. I don't know if you like smoothies or not (I love them) but you could sip on one(or two)while you work. That might help chase any hunger pangs away you are having for McDonald's food. Don't let yourself get hungry-- satisfy yourself with the foods/drinks you bring from home.

#339350 - 12/14/08 10:30 AM

Unregistered

thank you,it would be hard to bring a smothie though..any ideas how to store it? and IF fiber at work,i don't want to..but do you know any safe ibs snacks I could put in my pocket? or satisfying small meal?

#339352 - 12/14/08 10:44 AM

Unregistered

oh hey, I can't bring a cup from home and be drinking out of it except on my half an hour break..and that could be anywhere from an hour or hour and a half of just getting to work or a couple hours..we get our breaks when its convinient because of business and number of people and who all needs breaks..i've been sent on break less than an hour after getting to work..but no smothies..more simple stuff.. I do have glass containers with snap lids I could use for things. and I carra backpack..and I have pockets I could but a little bit in..

#339356 - 12/14/08 11:26 AM
HollyA

As far as the cup goes I use a Tupperware cup with a leak-proof lid. It has a place to put a straw in which is leakproof as well- very handy. I am drinking a smoothy as we speak-- I am doing housework today and carry the cup around with me.
Snack ideas--
graham crackers- they have a new kind out now- little bee grahams- you'd be able to fit a bunch of them in a small container (or even your pocket!)
bananas
honeycomb cereal or pops
cereal bars
baked chips
homemade chex snack mix
That's all I can think of at the moment. Snack enough so that you're not too overly hungry so you aren't starving come lunch time. When we're that hungry we don't think and we give in easier. Take the time to prepare your snacks and lunches at home everyday before you go to work and that should help a lot. Good luck!

#339357 - 12/14/08 11:35 AM
HollyA

something else I just thought of that would be more filling.. baked chicken strips prepared at home and brought to work in a microwavable container. They aren't very messy and would be easy to snack on during your break. I have a recipe that is awesome. If you are interested let me know.

#339358 - 12/14/08 11:39 AM

Unregistered

actually,alot of the time i'm not starving or that hungry..I just go crazy or something.

#339361 - 12/14/08 12:33 PM

Unregistered

yes please..oh does it have shake n bake? cuz I think shank n bake is problemsome..oh do you know any brands of safe candies I can buy at wal mart? like some gummi kinds? or sugary?

bump..kappy your online..nt. new
      #339383 - 12/15/08 09:29 AM

Unregistered

Re: bump..kappy your online..nt. new
      #339386 - 12/15/08 09:42 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Hi there! Hope you had a good weekend! I like to snack on ginger snap cookies and animal crackers. You can put some in a small snack size baggie and put in your pocket. I like licorice and the twizzlers. They help stave off hunger because they take so long to chew. Also try jelly beans. They are good pocket snack as well.

I also have a bad habit, especially on the weekend, of eating and eating and eating until I hurt. It's some kind of eating disorder, or so i'm told. I can handle it during the week when I'm at work, most of the time, but the weekends, I become the bottom less pit. Then I pay for it on Monday.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

The bottomless pit new
      #339388 - 12/15/08 09:47 AM
ericai

Reged: 11/09/08
Loc: Nassau County, NY

I have this too!

I can't control how much I eat from Friday night to Sunday night. I just keep eating and eating and eating even when I feel full.

I just have this urge to pick on stuff and chew. I've at least been able to control what I'm eating....I used to reach for the cookies and ice cream and chips. Now at least it's graham crackers and rice dream

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

Re: The bottomless pit new
      #339390 - 12/15/08 10:29 AM
Kappy

Same here! I can finish off a whole box of graham crackers in one sitting! My fiance is no help either. He just keeps eating, and it makes me want to keep eating! aaarrrggghhh!!

--------------------

#339402 - 12/15/08 12:26 PM

Unregistered

Do you know the name of the eating disorder? It's like I want to lose weight and feel good,not like I have a ton to lose..but 20 or 3olbs would be nice.. I just see food that looks good and pick it up and eat and not care then the next day I care cuz I pay for it then I try to get back on the ibs diet,but fail everyday.

#339404 - 12/15/08 12:34 PM
Kappy

I have no clue what the eating disorder is called. I know that there are meetings at our local hospital called "overeaters anonymous". I think it is an actual disorder though. May be some research behind this! I am the same way, although, during the week, I have it, for the most part, under control, sometimes that is.

--------------------

#339409 - 12/15/08 01:08 PM

Unregistered

Do you have any idea how to get rid of this disorder,lol. Do you happen to know any safe wal mart candies? like gummi ones or sugary ones? any suckers safe? oh which brand of gramn crackers is the safest? HOw about gramn crackers with soy ice cream on them,any idea to add to that?

#339410 - 12/15/08 01:15 PM
Kappy

I like the good 'ol keebler graham crackers myself. Twizzlers are good and gummi bears. I think any candy like that will be ok. just don't get the sugar free. Watch your intake too, that's alot of sugar! I like to melt a little peanut butter and pour over my ice cream! mmmm.. and with some graham crackers, that is devine! Try mixing some cocoa with a little soy milk and some sugar and boil it until it gets thick. This is a great topping. Almost like chocolate syrup. Do alot more cocoa and sugar than milk though.

--------------------

#339412 - 12/15/08 01:19 PM

Unregistered

well the only soy milk I buy is 8th continent light chocolate.. so just add the ingredients to it?

#339413 - 12/15/08 01:20 PM
Kappy

Yeah you could probably do that too. That's my favorite soy milk too!!!!!

--------------------

#339414 - 12/15/08 01:22 PM
Kappy

Ok, just got the actual name of the eating disorder. It's called "compulsive overeating" and there are treatments for it. I'm trying to learn more about it.

--------------------

#339415 - 12/15/08 01:33 PM

Unregistered

This is good. http://www.healthyplace.com/communities/Eating_Disorders/concernedcounseling/overeatingtreatment.asp

But one thing I don't need is antidepressants. I don't want to take those,especially since I take bc and have to pay for a bunch of ibs supplements.My mom and one of my friends were on antidepressants,I've heard they're stories,and will always stay away from them.

But I can focus on music,my nintendo ds light games,pokemon games that I like...

#339421 - 12/15/08 01:49 PM
Kappy

You're right. I think the more antidepressants one takes, the crazier he/she gets! I take Prozac for a week and a half before and during my period just to even out emotions, but I won't take them any other time. I'm not so emotional when I take them. I think the main thing with overeating is that we get bored and there's nothing else to focus our attention on. Your video games sound like a good idea, and I need to get back to doing more artwork! A good new year's resolution is to cut back and try not to overeat!

--------------------

I see your replying to another post so..just wondering.. new
      #339423 - 12/15/08 01:53 PM

Unregistered

Did you see this poop question one or have any answeres to it?

Re: poop question new
      #339424 - 12/15/08 01:59 PM
Kappy

I have no clue about this either. The cup cake may have slipped by the feces that were trapped in your colon. I had this problem before, it's called being impacted. That's when there's so much stool backed up in there, that only mushy and watery substances can get by. You might need to get cleared out. I had to do six enemas and a bottle of mag citrate one night to clean out my colon. And I still had some in there. I was on the pot all night. But sometimes, I do get small pencil thin stool that comes out everytime I pee. Sometimes this is when the constipation is just trying to work it's way out! HTH. I'm going home now, I'll try to get back on later this evening!

--------------------

#339425 - 12/15/08 02:06 PM

Unregistered

I don't know how I can be impacted..I feel I poop alot. I go everyday and all day..I don't even feel that consipated....I don't feel bad at all.Just feels like some trapped gas and a little tightness by my shoulder blade and sown my back close to my sides..and I did hear watery noises around my chest and other funny noises.HTH? K I'm going to work in less than an hour anyway..so bye I'll be home about 11pm.Maybe I'm not impacted? maybe it was because I've eaten horribly lately and all my stools were messed up.

#339463 - 12/16/08 07:24 AM
Kappy

I sure hope so. See I didn't think I was impacted either. I went to the bathroom everyday like normal, or so I thought. My doctor did an exray of my abdomen and it was full of poop. She said that some can get around the impacted feces but there was plenty in there still trapped.

--------------------

#339464 - 12/16/08 08:31 AM

Unregistered

I'm scared now..But I no insurance either and no money..So did you notice you felt crappy,like extra bloating or pain? I would feel like i'm so full right? Why do ppl with ibs get impacted? is that like a symptom? If someone is impacted and starts following a strict diet,will it go away?

#339466 - 12/16/08 09:47 AM
Kappy

I do feel full when I get an attack, but it was not necessarily from being impacted. I did feel crappy haha my mom's friends said they always new I was full of sh@t but now they no it's true. Ha ha. So punny! It can be a symptom of IBS and this is actually how I found out I had IBS with all the bloating and cramping. I think following a strict diet helps. I have not been impacted for a long time now. At least not that I know of. If you want to try something on your own, this is what I had to do to get rid of it. I drank 1 whole bottle of Magnesium Citrate, the lemon flavored kinda tastes like a sprite, then I did one enema every hour for 6 hours until I felt like I was cleaned out. you can buy the self administered enemas at most pharmacies. You might want to consult a doctor about this but it definitely helped me. Another thing you can try that is a MIRACLE at getting you cleaned out is Castor Oil, Orange Juice, and some baking soda. Drink while it is foaming, and I promise you will be cleaned out! It is so nasty to drink, but it works! And in this case, I don't think taste should matter to you!

--------------------

#339469 - 12/16/08 10:15 AM

Unregistered

thank you..but with my work schedule..It wouldn't be a good idea..i've actually taken magnisium citrate ad it took like a day or half a day to begin working..and I don't want problems at work..I'll just start my strict diet.. I'd probly feel worse If I was impacted...

Twizzler queston new
      #339471 - 12/16/08 10:28 AM

Unregistered

is wheat flour IF? I had like 4 bunches of twizzlers just now.

Re: Twizzler queston new
      #339472 - 12/16/08 10:30 AM
Kappy

I dunno about the wheat flour. ????

--------------------

twizzlers candy,wheat flour IF? new
      #339581 - 12/18/08 10:02 AM

Unregistered

palm oil If?

Activia(R) Question!! new
      #339582 - 12/18/08 10:12 AM

Unregistered

Did u read heather's article about Activia? Activia is dairy,right? I already take align,is it ok to eat activia also?

Re: Activia(R) Question!! new
      #339583 - 12/18/08 10:25 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

There would be no problem taking both Align and Activia. Activia is dairy.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

got info,still confused. new
      #339587 - 12/18/08 11:30 AM

Unregistered

twizzlers say wheat flour don't know if its white or whole...I looked at heather's faq.
"When you read the ingredients on packaged foods they might not specify if the wheat flour used is "white" or "whole", but it's usually pretty easy to tell. For breads, a brief glance will tell you if there is whole wheat in it (you'll see little brown flakes). If the bread is pure white, like French or sourdough, you're safe. For most crackers, pretzels, muffins, etc. only white flour will be used. The exception is health food store products, which are likely to use whole wheat. However, they will almost always tout this fact so you won't be left wondering. "

Re: got info,still confused. new
      #339588 - 12/18/08 11:46 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Twizzlers contain white flour not whole wheat.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1086 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17584

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review