All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How do I deal with my C?
      #339229 - 12/11/08 03:13 PM
jason61

Reged: 04/12/07

im sensitive to everything I eat and fiber doesnt work for me...regardless of whatever I do to address the constipation, I still s hit bricks and pebbles every single day. eating a very bland diet with limited portions is the only thing that gets it under control, but i travel a lot and its hard for me to be so regimented when im on the road. All it takes is one day off from my routine and its back to constipation. what else can be done?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How do I deal with my C? new
      #339270 - 12/12/08 06:58 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Are you taking any meds for your C? I find that they are the only thing that REALLY get it under control. I take MIRALAX and AMITIZA for the constipation. Talk to your doctor first of course, but try taking the MIRALAX everyday for two weeks then go to every other day. (I have to take it every day, but you might want to try every other day first) You can find it at Wal-Mart or Pharmacies, it's a little expensive, but anything that works is well worth it! I suggest taking it about an hour before breakfast or before bed the night before on an empty stomach. This is the only way it works for me! I go like clock work most days (as long as I don't cheat the night before!). C is awful, especially when you are traveling, since you don't know when your body might decide to evacuate, finally! Hope this helps!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#339279 - 12/12/08 08:20 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Please list the meals and snacks you have eaten for the past 2-3 days? It is hard to give suggestions without know exactly what you are eating.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#339281 - 12/12/08 08:52 AM
HollyA

Reged: 11/30/08
Loc: Southern Indiana

I have been dealing with the same problem for 6 months. Amitiza and Miralax did nothing for me. Nor did enemas or any other kind of laxative. I went to my local herb store and was told to take the herb Cascara Sagrada. It is a natural laxative. I take two capsules every night before I go to bed. I am happy to say it is working. Also, following Heather's diet is helping a lot too.. I was getting too much insoluble fiber before and that was causing major bloating and making my constipation worse. Please keep me updated.

#339307 - 12/12/08 03:41 PM
jason61

Reged: 04/12/07

are there any side effects when taking Miralax? does it basically do the same thing Colace does?

#339308 - 12/12/08 04:56 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Colace is a stool softener while Miralax is an osmotic laxative. The active ingredient is polyethylene glycol. The product information suggests you ask your doctor before taking this product for IBS.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 978 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1753

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review