Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Set Back
      #339106 - 12/09/08 08:23 AM
ericai

Reged: 11/09/08
Loc: Nassau County, NY

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to write about my setback that I'm really sad about. Sat. night I woke up in such pain and had really bad D from 330 to 7. I was ok on Sunday and Monday but again last night I woke up with a lot of pain and D (at the same times as Sat. night coincidentally).

I'm not sure if it's what i ate or if it's a bug. I haven't eaten that out of the ordinary (I've been trying really hard to stick with the SF diet and haven't really strayed).

So I'm feeling really crappy today (physically and mentally). I'm exhausted and feel very on edge...tingly everywhere.

Coincidentally or not I started ovulating Sunday so I wonder if there's a connection (I saw previous posts on it) and just never paid attention to my IBS and cycle.

Thanks for the outlet! I'm very grateful to have people who just understand. I got the "it's all in your head" from my husband this morning and I wanted to rip his head off!

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Set Back new
      #339141 - 12/09/08 07:04 PM
Karen1415

Reged: 07/04/08

Sorry you are having such a rough time. It could be caused by any of the things you mentioned. What did you eat 48 hrs prior? Are you drinking fluids to replace what you are losing? Hope you feel better.

Karen

#339143 - 12/09/08 08:15 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

Have you kept a log of what you eat and what happens within 6-8 hours of eating?

I'm a fellow Nassau County resident, and I started with a new GI guy (in Mineola) and he suggested I keep such a log. I was amazed to see certain "cycles" (salmon and lettuce made it partucularly bad for me).

If you're getting the diarrhea at about the same time (3:30 in the morning) it MAY be a delayed reaction to dinner or a late night snack. Was there anything in common on those nights that you had the diarrhea?

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#339158 - 12/10/08 10:51 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

It could definitely be your period along with IBS. Before I changed birth controls, I woke up every time, without fail, at 2:45 a.m. on Saturday morning and had D and vomiting. That morning, when I got up, I had started my period. I changed birth control and now I don't get sick like that anymore. It was an awful feeling though when it did happen! This may be your case too, but then again, it could be something else. Hope this helps.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Food eaten....long post new
      #339160 - 12/10/08 11:29 AM
ericai

Thanks for the posts
So here's what I ate before hand:
Thursday night and Friday lunch and dinner: baked chicken breast, pasta with mixed well cooked veggies (onion, zucchini, broccoli). Breakfast was a bowl of puffins with rice milk. Snacks: rice cakes and graham crackers.

Saturday:
breakfast: Barbara's shredded oats and shredded squares in rice milk
snacked on rice cakes, dry shredded oats and shredded squares cereal and baked lays...all day (one rice cake had some peanut butter and chocolate chips )
slice of pumpkin bread

Lunch: same pasta with veggies

Dinner: had two soluble fiber supplements before dinner. Baked filet of sole. Bread dipped in balsamic. Veggie salad that had tomato, cucumber, peppers (I mostly ate the tomatos).
Snacked on Graham crackers after.

Before bed: peppermint tea and then within 10 min I had my regular soluble fiber of citrucel.

I think it was dinner or maybe too much fiber. I looked at the ingredients on the Barbara's cereal's and they look ok. But then I look at how much fiber is in it and it says the majority of fiber is IF. So it's either the IF or maybe the balsamic?

I didn't eat anything that was the same Tuesday night. But I don't think my system was ready for a mix of foods: I had, from Whole foods, chicken soup, barley salad, some grilled veggies and a few bites of mustard chicken.
I think mustard chicken might have done me in...it was pretty creamy. Who knows.

I started a diary but keep forgetting to fill it in. I'm going to try to be more consistent now.

Thanks again!

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

Re: Food eaten....long post new
      #339161 - 12/10/08 11:54 AM
Kappy

Yeah, it sounds like there's a bunch of IF in there that could have messed you up. I love salads but alot of IF and tomatoes too. Try with some shredded carrots more carrots than tomatoes next time. Or eat a baked sweet potato with your meal. I love the sweet potatoes! I keep them at the house for a quick high SF meal. Pop in microwave for a few minutes. they are good plain or with a touch of honey and brown sugar! Hope this helps! Hope you get to feeling better too.

--------------------

#339181 - 12/10/08 07:53 PM
Karen1415

Reged: 07/04/08

Oil, chocolate, and nut butters are high in fat and on the danger list: http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/trigger2.asp

Onions and broccoli are sulfur producing foods that cause a lot of gas and are on the caution list: http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/fiber2.asp

Safe foods to eat when you cannot eat anything:
http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/what_to_eat.asp

It really varies what people can tolerate; sometimes it is trial and error. I would have been sick too; I cannot handle oatmeal, salad, or oils right now.

Hope you are feeling better.

Karen

#339190 - 12/11/08 08:03 AM
ericai

Thanks for the links!
I don't have D anymore , but I still have the normal nausea and on edge feeling (that hasn't seemed to go away for me over the past month of being on the SF diet).

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

#339198 - 12/11/08 09:04 AM
Kappy

Just a personal question - you aren't pregnant are you? That sounds like morning sickness and irritability associated with pregnancy..

--------------------

#339199 - 12/11/08 09:12 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I have the constant nausea and on-edge feeling all of the time too. I'm mostly C with a few bouts of D here and there.

In my case it's mostly anxiety related. My doctor recently put me on a low dose of fluoxetine (generic Prozac) and I swear it's like I've been given a whole new digestive system!

Just a thought - not calling you a basket case or anything

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1500 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6436

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review