All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
pms.menstral question,ibs,help
      #339025 - 12/07/08 01:24 PM

Unregistered

can ibs make pms symptoms worse or cause your period to take a while to start? I mean I fee like I could get my period andy time now..I just wish it would hurry up.I feel like I'm in a fog and unfocused and stupid today..Does anyone else feel like that when they are going to start their period soon? Has anyone noticed a small amount of light pink discharge a day or a couple days before their period? U know how your colon pushes on your bladder and makes u pee more,cuz of ibs? can it mess with your period too?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: pms.menstral question,ibs,help new
      #339027 - 12/07/08 03:21 PM
Karen1415

Reged: 07/04/08

Absolutely!! & WEDMD has an article on it:

Irritable Bowel Syndrome Worse During Periods
By Salynn Boyles
WebMD Health News

http://www.webmd.com/ibs/news/20020314/irritable-bowel-syndrome-worse-during-periods

I will take a small amount of immodium and bentyl the first day or two to reduce the spasms. Periods are never any fun!

Karen

Edited by Karen1415 (12/07/08 03:23 PM)

Re: pms.menstral question,ibs,help new
      #339028 - 12/07/08 04:09 PM

Unregistered

so could my hormones be the cause of my periods not hurrying up and starting,rather slowly with residue..and ibs could be the cause?yea,ive felt very spaced out today,its hard to explain,i kinda felt like i wasn't a person or that i'm not here..does that make sense? like I could curl in bed all day without sleeping,but just being spacy. I took my first bc at 5pm..first pill,just started ortho lo bc..starting my habit of 7am tommorow with an alarm..too bad i didn't get my period about 7am today..oh well.

is it possible too.. new
      #339034 - 12/07/08 08:26 PM

Unregistered

I started my first pack of ortho lo today..the sunday start..is it possible that after about 2 hours it could have relieved some of my pms? cuz I was in such a terrible mood and sensitive to everything..now I feel only half as bad..well yesterday I felt like I do before I get my periods..I just feel my body change..very crabby,sensitive to light and sound..other stuff..maybe it just whined down? I know you have to use protection the first 7 days of taking bc..but is it possible to already affect you or show any symptoms the first day?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1640 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1860

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review