Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Water, Peppermint tea, yoghurt......
      #339 - 02/03/03 12:54 PM
Claire

Reged: 01/27/03
Loc: Paris, France

Just a few more questions...
1)Exactly how much water should I be drinking if I am taking 1tsp of soluble fibre at each meal and folowing Heather's diet?
2)What is Peppermint tea good for and can you drink too much. I bought some the other day and I drunk at least 4 or 5 cups. Do herbal teas count water or are they an extra source of liquid?
3) Is actimel and other fermented yoghurt, often said to be good for keeping the bowel healthy, a definate no-no? What exactly is casein and why is it so bad for you?

Claire

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Water, Peppermint tea, yoghurt...... new
      #343 - 02/03/03 01:25 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Claire,
I am not an expert on any of this but will try to help with what I know.
I take 2 Tablespoons of SF twice a day in 250ml of water and I also drink lots of water inbetween.
Peppermint tea is excellent for digestion, I always drink some with each meal or snack and it is also a good natural pain reliever so is good when you are having an attack. I don't think you can drink too much of it unless you suffer heartburn as it can make that worse.
I'm pretty sure that Heather has said you can count Herbal teas as part of your daily water intake. (Heather please correct me if I'm wrong)

As for the yoghurt I would steer clear. casein is a dairy protein, I think some people can tolerate it but I know I can't. I eat soy yoghurt which you can buy with live cultures as well.

Hope this helps,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1713 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1092

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review