All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: tingling in hands/feet - Food Allergy or Fibromylagia new
      #338627 - 11/27/08 12:28 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

Ok i get this also - my theory in this is i only get this when im a little backed up or blocked or i havent been you knwo - my theaory is that it could be the toxins in your system cause when your constipated or not going properly (even with diareah i dont go proerly) the toxin build up - i get all manor of symptoms when this happens - but i could be wrong - but yeah i get it also

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pre-diabetes or Fibromylagia new
      #338663 - 11/28/08 06:33 AM
ericai

Reged: 11/09/08
Loc: Nassau County, NY

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm reading up on both. I've been tested for hypoglycemia and diabetes over the summer and last winter, both came back normal.

But I have other symptoms that seem to lean towards Fibromylagia:
1) sensitivity to temperature. I get very nauseaus when hot (even in warm weather or if I'm cleaning or exercising and I get too hot I don't feel well...again nauseous and dizzy).

2) muscle soreness or body aches. Not regularly but randomly if I'm really tired OR if I've been sitting all day, like on the weekends.

3) I get migraine type headaches when I'm tired: very sensitive to noise and light.

4) Fatigued: I need at least 9 hours sleep to function. If less, I'm in a "fog" and/or my IBS really acts up

5) My nerves/skin often feel sensitive to touch, especially when my ibs is acting up.

6) very painful menstruel cramps

7) tingling in the feet.

I have two main questions:
1) can the symptoms come and go for Fibromylagia OR pre-diabtetes?

2) For Fibromylagia: I don't have the two main criteria for diagnosing it..."a history of widespread pain lasting more than 3 months and the presence of tender points."

I don't feel like I have consistent pain or tender points like they describe, but I feel like i have the other symptoms.

But as they described, the slew of doctors I've been to can't find anything wrong, so I keep thinking it's all in my head, that this is how we should feel and I'm just a hypochondriac.

Thanks again for all the responses, it's really helping me understand what's going on!

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

Re: Pre-diabetes or Fibromylagia new
      #338714 - 12/01/08 05:32 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

You might also consider CFIDS (Chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction syndrome) also known as chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). Like fibromyalgia it is another disorder that commonly occurs with IBS that includes tingling sensations as one of it symptoms along with fatigue or 'brain fog'. And like IBS and fibromyalgia it is diagnosed by exclusion of other disorders. Fibromyalgia, IBS and CFIDS have an overlapping population. I have been diagnosed with all three at one time or another.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Thanks Syl!! new
      #338717 - 12/01/08 09:46 AM
ericai

Reged: 11/09/08
Loc: Nassau County, NY

You are a wealth of information. I REALLY appreciate all your posts and am learning alot.
What is the process for getting diagnosed? Do I continue going to my gastro or my general family dr? Neither seems to be going in these directions. My gastro is prescribing me various different meds to help with the ibs, but hasn't taken into account my other symptoms (of course I haven't shared the painful periods) but the rest I have.

Thanks again!!

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

Re: Thanks Syl!! new
      #338724 - 12/01/08 11:18 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I am not sure a diagnosis will be of much help because generally speaking there aren't any specific treatments. Usually all they can do is treat the symptoms which does not get at the root cause. Lots of rest, good eating habits and reduce stress is about all that can be done. Kind of reminds you of the general treatment for IBS

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1075 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11056

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review