All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I have 2 Questions if anybody can please please answer!
      #337815 - 11/07/08 03:30 PM
babyfacekilla

Reged: 10/10/08
Loc: Nashville, TN

I just wanted to know 2 things..
1.I found that i never have a problem with rice..and i never have a problem with oatmeal those are my safe foods but last night for some crazy reason i had leftover plain rice and i put oatmeal on top of it which gave me cramps. I thought it was maybe i ate too fast but when i think about it last week some time i had plain noodles and cooked some rice with it too and had cramps..its like they dont like to be together or something does anybody else have this problem?

2. And my other Question is just that i was reading on the site that weird signs of ibs or not are cramps that wake you from sleep or diahrea that wakes you..and i have had that happen in the past but it was only like if i just ate something that didnt agree with me and then i went to sleep then when it got to the intestines it would make sense for it to wake me up..thats normal for ibs right.. please answer if you can

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I have 2 Questions if anybody can please please answer! new
      #337819 - 11/07/08 08:19 PM
Christyne

Reged: 01/10/08

It's possible you had more cramps by putting the rice and the oatmeal together because they are both high in fiber. It's like eating rice and beans. For a person without IBS they will most likely have a bm but for people with IBS like you and I, we would get severe abdominal cramps and most likely not even have a bm. I think it was because it was too much fiber. Try eating oatmeal by itself or rice by itself.

As for your other question, I don't think I understand exactly what you are asking. I'm sorry.

#337826 - 11/08/08 11:49 AM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

I've been woken up by gas pain before. I have never really understand why that wasn't a symptom of IBS. With the amount of pain we all experience, why wouldn't it wake us up?

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

#337840 - 11/08/08 07:30 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I go through bouts where I can't eat rice.I'll try it a few times until I finally figure out that it is bothering me.A few other people say the same thing.
Also I can't eat peanutbutter right now.Last year no prob but now?sends my gut into major cramping. I think that the rule to IBS is that there is no rule.Some stuff bothers some and not others.Everyone is different and vary in the severity of cramping pains and what they can eat.You use others advice as guidelines and go from there.You just have to try it and find out what your body can or can't tolerate.You will figure it out.
Keep a diary for a while and write down every bite you have.I mean EVERY bite.That way you may see a pattern or can narrow down your triggers.
It really does help.
hth
good luck

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#337909 - 11/10/08 11:37 AM
babyfacekilla

Reged: 10/10/08
Loc: Nashville, TN

Supposidly when you are sleeping your muscles are relaxed and that stops your spasms or cramps..since ibs is irritable gives the indication that your body just randomily gets irritated..thats what i heard but if you eat something your body doesnt like then your body will react regardless if your sleeping..i understand that..

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2617 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1897

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review