All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Major setback, need help please....
      #337725 - 11/05/08 11:22 AM
mybellyhurts

Reged: 04/18/07

Hi
I have been suffering from IBS-D since highschool. I am now 33, Male. Last year i took the bull by the horns and started to really do something about my IBS, i was tired of my IBS lifestyle.
So in May 2007 i simutaneously began Acaia Tummy Fiber and Hypnosis. My Hypnosis with the therapist lasted until September. He then supplied me with a CD for daily therapy.
I have been taking Acacia daily, 2 Teaspoons 3 x per day.
I also drink as much Peppermint tea as i can.
I must say that since i began this regimen back in May 2007,i have been "pretty much normal".
Suddenly, out of the blue, i am doing terrible. Its been 1 month that i lost control and i feel like i lost all i have achieved. I have not changed my regimen at all.

All i have been eating this past few weeks is bread, rice, potato and chicken and i am still getting D. Right now it is happening soon after i eat, like clockwork. I do not know what is happenening. The only thing that i can think of is my sudden change in personal life. I am in the middle of a 4 year relationship break up with fiancee.

please, does anyone have suggestions for me to stabilize?

thanks
MBH

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Major setback, need help please.... new
      #337735 - 11/05/08 04:54 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

First of all well done on taking control of your IBS. You were in a good patc before and I'm sure you can get there again.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with the whole breakup issue. Emotional stress can play absolute hell with IBS which of course cause even more stress so on and so forth.

So I think you need to work on your stress levels. Maybe yoga or a return to your hyponotherapist. Heat therapy (hotbaths, sauna, steam room or hot water bottles) can also help.

Do you take immodium? Some people on these boards also swear by slippery elm tablets.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#337738 - 11/05/08 05:56 PM
mybellyhurts

thanks for the reply.
Immodium, yeah. In my 18 years of living with IBS, i think that i have taken more immodium than any person should take in 10 lifetimes.
To be honest, in the past year i have not used it that much, just on the rare occasion, i was doing VERY well. However, i have been taking lots of it in the past month.
I dont like to take it because for me its a catch 22. When i take it(2-3 tabs do the trick), it constipates me for around 2 days, so during those 2 days i dont take any. But on the third day, i usually get D again and there starts a vicious cycle. Once i get into that cycle its hard to break loose.
im so frustrated!

#337740 - 11/05/08 07:00 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Immodim does that to me as well but for only one day. I just took three today as I had a job interview so I totally expect to be out the bathroom for a while. I like to make sure I get a good walk in - at least two miles at a good pace to keep things moving. Luckily I work at a large Uni campus so I can walk really far but still be near a bathroom.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#337744 - 11/06/08 05:47 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Try the Slippery Elm it helps stop d and can help soothe the way for c.
Follow the directions on the bottle and in a few days it will clear up.Stick to th ediet and return to your cd.
Stress always makes me flare up.
Good luck

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#337745 - 11/06/08 06:05 AM
mybellyhurts

thanks for the reply.
i live in Montreal, Quebec.
is there a specific brand of slippery elm that is suggested?
thanks
MBH

#337746 - 11/06/08 06:21 AM
mybellyhurts

This IBS thing is just crazy. I can go for such long periods of time being practically perfect(never 100% perfect but pretty close) and then out of nowhere BAM, i get a major flare up that is very difficult to get under control.
I just don't get how last winter i was able to go to Puerto Plata for a week and i ate and drank pretty much whatever i wanted and i was perfectly fine. Now, 9 months later, i cant even eat plain chicken and plain rice, its absolutely crazy!
i am so discouraged right now

#337760 - 11/06/08 08:40 AM
dragonfly

Not really just check out a health food store or some place that sells herbal remedy stuff.
Sorry I can't seem to form a coherent thought at the moment.Brain cramp I guess, hope you get my meaning.

--------------------

Can anyone relate? new
      #337793 - 11/07/08 06:11 AM
mybellyhurts

Hi
Just wondering if anyone can relate to my last post about IBS being so crazy? Wondering if anyone goes through the same things?
thx
MBH

#337795 - 11/07/08 06:26 AM
dragonfly

That is how it works.I go for a long time fine and then it will flare up for a while again.Sometimes it takes me a while to figure out that it is just my ibs and not something more serious.

JUst hang in there you were stable-ish so you will get there again.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 854 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5812

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review