All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
please am so scared
      #337151 - 10/20/08 10:56 AM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

i no i only have ibs ut it hurts so much bad trapped wind and conspation all time
i dont no what to eat take any more please i have tried the diet and not helping i feel like dieing i really do
am the mo am haveing oats mangos pappya carrots sweed chicken fish probiotics rice milk rice crispys only think is my rice milk is from brown rice
if any one out there has any advice for me at all and can hel please do any think cos am falling apart bad help help help i dont no were to trun at all any more

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: please am so scared new
      #337152 - 10/20/08 11:28 AM
Evie H

Reged: 10/14/08
Loc: Northern California

Hi, I'm sorry you're feeling this way. First, try to stay calm, this will get better. First, I would refer to the "what to eat when you're not able to eat" portion of the website...it's how I get through each attack. I've lost some weight because sometimes I just have to stop eating everything but rice chex, or the inside of a potato, mint tea, some fiber, lots of water and probiotics for a few days, but eventually it begins to correct itself. then start introducing safe foods. I never try to eat during an attack of pain and/or serious constipation, it just makes it worse. Oh and lots of hot baths and a heating pad helps too. then when you can eat again, be careful and really keep an eye on what may be causing the next attack. I hope this helps. Be good to yourself.

--------------------
IBS C

#337154 - 10/20/08 12:23 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hi there, I am sorry you are feeling so desperate, but please know that things can and will change. What struck me about your email is that for someone who has constipation, you are eating almost no Insoluble Fiber, which is absolutely necessary to make you go!

Why don't you start incorporating some more IF into your diet, ie. berries and ground flaxseed or salba in your oatmeal, some steamed IF veggies (maybe chard, asparagus, kale, spinach) with your dinner, some more IF grains and fruits/vegs during the day.

One other thing - I am a C and I find all rice, even brown rice, pretty constipating. So I don't eat any white rice, and only small amounts of brown rice products. I like Ezekiel sprouted grain breads, wraps and pastas. Sprouted is a mix of grains, but they are sprouted instead of flour-based which makes it more digestible). Quinoa is high in magnesium so also helps with C.

Best of luck and have faith that things can and will get better.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#337155 - 10/20/08 12:34 PM
julieb123

thank you for help but i was told to only have soulble fiber never bran or nothing so what shall i have please some one tell me what to eat and w wont give me more gas i need you all please i cant cope

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#337156 - 10/20/08 12:40 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Try the fennel tea on here I drink 2 cups or more some days a heat will do wonders for your stomach. Take bean-0 before you eat and gas-x also help in the mean time. Altiods are great for gas relief as well. Try a smoothie go slow and mix in some "if" fruit try blueberries even if its just 2 or 3 at a time just go slow and relax or the stress will make it worse. Try baking some of th ebreads on here dor snacks. hth feel better soon!!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#337157 - 10/20/08 01:09 PM
julieb123

i just want to add i got anorxia when i was 18 am 28 now i sufferd for yesrs still do i just wanted you to no cos i need all your help i was 4stone onces and i just feel i have damaged my tummy so much

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#337320 - 10/25/08 12:07 AM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

IF fiber is the only fiber that will help you. That was my case. Now I live worry free.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2901 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2240

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review