All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
PAIN in my lower right abdomen side
      #336901 - 10/11/08 04:42 AM
zuzanka23

Reged: 07/20/07
Loc: UK

Hello, I need to ask a question and Im hoping someone might know whats wrong. It's been a few days now that im taking ACACIA, Im only starting to take 2 teaspoons a day, I have 1 tsp in the morning in my tea and 1 tsp in my tea before i go to bed. I take Imodium every day but there past few days I have quite soft bowels. But whats really annoying is that i have this pain in my lower right side of my stomach, very near the right hip. It doesnt hurt when im sitting but it hurts while im walking or when I press on it. Does anyone know why this is happening and what it could be? thank you

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: PAIN in my lower right abdomen side new
      #336904 - 10/11/08 06:09 AM
elfdream

Reged: 09/07/08
Loc: Shenandoah Valley VA

I don't know the answer to your question but I have something similar. Its not exactly 'pain' for me but its more of a 'pressure' feeling on my right side.

Do you still have your gall bladder? I've had mine taken out and I wondered if it had something to do with that.

Hope someone can help us.

--------------------
IBS D/C /Fibromyalgia

#336913 - 10/11/08 10:45 AM
Linith

Reged: 03/05/08

Was the pain present before or after you started taking the acadia? Sometimes when you start new stuff it takes a few weeks for your body to adjust to the new stuff like fiber. There can be side affects at first, that fade after a few weeks. Also, just thought i'd mention that it is possible it's appendicitis. Which is when the part of your body-the appendix-forget how it's spelled-decides it doesn't wanna work anymore and you have to get it removed. The symptom is pain on the right side (specifically) and vomiting. It can last for a few days and escalate into unbearable pain. If you don't have it removed it'll rupture and leek all the toxins into your body and possibly kill ya. I had appendicitis back when I was 16 so I know all about it. so if the pain worsens by like...alot go the the hospital. It's hereditary btw. My grandma had it when she was 18, my mom at 18. it's prolly not this, but thought I'd mention it just encase

#336918 - 10/11/08 02:23 PM
zuzanka23

i do have gall bladder, i dont think it will be that, and i dont think its apendicitix or however you spell that lol it happened to me once before but i didnt feel well and i took about 8 imodium which is a lot! so i thought i blocked myself. but now it's been happening for a few days and its not unbearable, it doesnt hurt when im sitting, only when i press it really and sometimes when i walk but its not been so bad today. It usually starts hurting after i take imodium. Am thinking if its not cos i block myself a bit? i dont know. i'll see how it goes and if it gets any worse, ill ask a doctor. if not, im suspecting its cos of imodium. but thank you for your help.

#336929 - 10/11/08 11:03 PM
Linith

Reged: 03/05/08

Herm, I do not reccommend taking 8 immodium. I'm not sure if it works like other meds-but I think it could poison you or something... If your d is so bad that you feel you need to take that many for it to work, you might consider if it's something else causing the problem. Like certain medications, chrohns, food allergies etc...

#336931 - 10/12/08 03:00 AM
pumpkin73

Reged: 10/02/08
Loc: California

I get this sometimes too, I've been getting it off and on for about 5 years. And believe it or not it's usually because I've got some kind of blockage in there. It doesn't seem like it could be possible because I have such bad D, but I take Immodium and sometimes it works a little TOO well. Just because you may have lose movements doesn't mean there isn't a blockage farther up the pipe, if you will.

I'm just glad to hear I'm not alone. What I usually do is drink a tall glass of apple juice before bed (or if it's especially bad prune juice, but I hate that stuff) and it usually resolves itself in a day or two. I hope that helps.

--------------------
IBS-D with gas and cramping; dairy and wheat intolerant

#336961 - 10/13/08 12:39 PM
zuzanka23

well i have stopped eating loads of things like wheat, eggs, red meat, dairy and dont know what else could be causing me to have this problems? i dont wanna be taking so many imodium but i feel safer. and i dont really know what to do anymore. I need to change a doctor as well as i dont like my doctor at all. but hes the only one in my area

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 278 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4245

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review