All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Devrom (bismuth subgallate)
      #336487 - 09/24/08 06:24 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I am thinking of purchasing Devrom, which internally deodorizes your gas. Lately my gas has been of the hot and stinky variety. The website says: "Devrom could act in one of two ways--by reducing the number of odor producing anaerobic intestinal microbes and by directly interacting with sulfur containing compounds."

Here is a link to the website.

Has anyone tried this? Heather, do you think it would be safe/effective? I'm not really sure if my gas smells because of sulphur-causing foods. All I know is that is no floral bouquet!

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Devrom (bismuth subgallate) new
      #336802 - 10/07/08 02:28 PM
shoegirl4444

Reged: 10/07/08

Hi - did you order this? I'd be very interested to know if it worked. I am having the same problem. Thanks!

#336833 - 10/08/08 04:18 PM
Trif

Reged: 10/08/08

I wanna know too? Did it work???

#336836 - 10/08/08 06:40 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I haven't bought it yet. I am kind of doubting that it'll work for me. This sounds wierd, and may be totally wrong, but it seems like my gas only smell when there is stool stuck in there, esp. close to the the rectum. In other words, my sense is that it's not the gas itself or the foods I'm eating that is making my gas stink (since I don't eat many of the foods that contain sulphur compounds which cause smelly gas, like cabbage, broccoli, onions, etc). So I didn't know if this product would work. Seems more important that I work on getting fully empty, so the gas won't be "tainted" by the stool. Sorry, gross, I know.
Also I am reluctant to buy yet another product. But by any means, if someone buys it I'll love to hear how it works.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#337003 - 10/14/08 01:16 PM
shoegirl4444

Reged: 10/07/08

I don't think your post is gross at all. I am glad to hear somebody talk about the problems that I have that I really don't want to discuss with my husband in such graphic detail. I understand what you are saying about your gas completely! Thank goodness by cycle of IBS seems to be calming down now since my last post...

If anyone does buy this product please post as to its results!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 645 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4048

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review