All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Constant Nausea
      #336485 - 09/24/08 04:38 PM
Mhillqt

Reged: 10/06/07

I have had IBS now exactly 1 year......ive actually gone thru periods where i have been fine over this year and then others where im not....The last month has been pretty bad again........i dont have D or C but have constant nausea, bloating and pulsating colon.......I also have panic disorder....the IBS sympptoms trigger anxiety for me and its a vicious circle....i also faint during high panic episodes.......Anyway, can nausea be the predominant symptom of IBS? I also have the beginning of GERD but with no heartburn.....just nausea.........anybody else experience any of this and if so, what treatment is best...medication?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Constant Nausea new
      #336547 - 09/26/08 10:13 AM
Mhillqt

no one else gets nausea as primary symptom of IBS? does anyone get it at all.......

Also, this morning had D and it caused me to feel weak and feverish....usually does.....anyone else get this?

thanks

#336553 - 09/26/08 12:48 PM
Karen18

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Near Philadelphia, PA

I used to have nausea all of the time before starting the diet and using a soluble fiber supplement. I think it's fairly common with IBS.

Drinking herbal tea and nibbling on saltines or oyster crackers usually helped me.

#336561 - 09/27/08 04:09 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Yes to all the things you mentioned. The anxiety and the panic definitely can cause the nausea and even the other symptoms.... Are you on any meds for your anxiety? Even on meds, when I have a bad flare up, I have had all those symptoms - not fainting, but feel like I could (and anxious that I would!) any minute - and feverish, weak, limbs trembling, chills...name it! If everyone listed their "symptoms" with IBS, it would probably be a mile long.
Another thing that causes the nausea for me is allergies/post-nasal drip and GERD. I also take Nexium for the GERD.
Just from my experience, I think you will feel better if you can take something for the anxiety and even some over-the-counter stuff for the GERD symptoms... Zantac would be my first choice, but there's also Pepcid.... Zantac says one pill, but if that doesn't help, I think two will be fine - when it was a prescribed medication, I used to take 150 - 300 mg.... So, when it became OTC, the pharmacist said to use it and take 2 pills...Just know you aren't alone in this - we're all here too. I've been going through this off and on for over 40 years, even with periods as long as 7 years w/ no symptoms, but got worse during perimenopause and now menopause.
{{Hugs}} and Prayer - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#336596 - 09/29/08 12:37 PM
fh61482

Reged: 09/17/08

yes, i am constantly nauseous - especially after i eat. nothing seems to help it. I also have D all the time - usually up to 5 or 6 times a day. i take Zofran for the nausea and that does the trick sometimes, but other times not so much.

i am weak and run a low grade fever when i have a big flare up. it is making my life almost unbearable. hang in there... and dont feel alone!!

#336613 - 09/30/08 10:45 AM
Mhillqt

thanks...guess im not alone in my suffering....its so odd that after 20 years of panic disorder i would get ibs now......guess i was spared ibs until now but panic disorder aint no picnic:).......my gerd is without acid....just reflux.......no pain or heartburn....just feel nauseous with reflux......is that common? also, i tak a low dose prozac ..5mg.....too low but cant tolerate side effects.....i wonder what causes the nausea.......and the feverish thing with diarhea? I took citrucel - 1/2 pill and had a great bowel movement that cleared me out the next day(but this was after a 7 mile run)......took it again and it STOPPED me up and caused pain and nausea and this was 1/2 pill.....I wonder how much of the anxiety causes ibs or vice versus...vicious circle!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 295 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2401

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review