All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I need help!
      #336124 - 09/17/08 11:55 AM

Unregistered

I really need major help. I thank anyone in advance if you have any suggestions.

I was anemic. I was put on iron for 3 months. I'm fine now and been off the iron for about a month in a half. This is when I started to have problems.

When I stopped the iron I started to dev. major pain by my ovaries. It hurts when I walk. I can feel it. And everything is giving me gas when I eat and bloat like I'm 9 months pregnant.

What is happening now is my ovaries really hurt. Or I should say around my ovaries. I went to the gyno. He did an ultra sound and said my ovaries are lifted and small now since I'm into menopause for 7 yrs now. So all looks great. He took blood work to make sure. That came back great.

I always have doodies balls. I have dealt with that through Natural Calm. However, since the iron even Natural Calm seems to leave me bloated and gassy. I never had that before. It was my saving grace.

I am IBS-C and have also recently been through major stress which we know what that can do. I have major anxiety I'm trying to deal with through mediation.

Besides the gas and bloat no matter what I do, I even have pain in my rib cage like knifes and can sometimes feel it in my throat.

I'm bloat up like I'm 9 months pregnant. It really hurts.

My Gastro doesn't want to do a colonoscopy on me until I better my diet. I tried Heather's and her fiber, have all her books, but all I get is gas and bloat and doodie balls. I'm miserable.

My main concern is the pain in the ovary area. Has anyone had this? I never have. This is new since the aftermath of iron.

I don't know what to do. I took Milk of Mag and it did empty me out, but the upset afterwards is not worth it. I'm afraid of the Natural Calm now cause even at 3 tbs which used to work, doesn't now. It always bring me back to the 9 month pregnant look of bloat and gas. It even hurts a little when I wipe my bottom like it's so hard in there.

Help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

bump - nt - new
      #336353 - 09/22/08 07:42 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: bump - nt - new
      #336354 - 09/22/08 07:50 PM

Unregistered

is this a reply? I don't understand it?

#336356 - 09/22/08 07:55 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

A "bump" is just a way of bringing the message to the top so more people see it.

I can't answer your question, but there are others here that can if they see your post.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#336360 - 09/22/08 10:08 PM

Unregistered

thanks so much.

Re: I need help!: looking for a magnesium supplement new
      #336378 - 09/23/08 08:53 AM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Lainey

I'm really sorry your feeling so bad right now. I really hope things get better for you. I'm not IBS C but I do have a few suggestions.

As you know the natural calm works for c because of it's magnesium content. So how about finding a new magnesium supplement? Do you have a supplement store near to you or you could try some of the internet stores. A pharmacist could help you find a brand that will help. There's something about taking magnesiunm at http://www.helpforibs.com/supplements/.

A lot of people get gas when they suddenly introduce a lot more fibre into their diet so you should introduce the soluble in both supplement and food fom gradually over a period of weeks. Some insoluble fibre should also help trigger contractions in your colon. I've found the best way to take IF is in a smoothie. I make a smoothie with a banana, 1/4 of berries, 3/4 of soy or rice milk and a little sugar.

Fibre can sometimes worsen constipation if your not taking enough water. You should be shooting for at least 8 8ounces glasses per day. It doesn't have to be all water. The teas and soya/rice milk all count.

I'm not sure about the pain near your ovaries. It could be that's where the ibs related pain has decided to settle. When I get pain it sits right below my ribs.

I'd pressue your doc about a colonoscopy - say your improving your diet but your be a lot less stressed if you knew a colonoscopy had cleared you. Not to panic you but polyps can cause constipation.

I think you on the right track about the meditation. You could also try some gentle yoga as a way to get exercise which can relive gas and C. The last newsletter had a good gas reliving move and I also use a DVD called yoga for stress relief (avaailble on amazon) which has a routine specifically for IBS and one for constipation.

Hope this helps

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#336407 - 09/23/08 12:24 PM

Unregistered

I'm not sure about the pain near your ovaries. It could be that's where the ibs related pain has decided to settle. When I get pain it sits right below my ribs.

Thanks so much for writing me. I highlighed the above because after I posted that a few days later it had settled across my chest with the worst chest pains. Got an EKG, echo all is fine. Now it's under my rib cage to the left. The traveling IBS I swear. I know that's where the gall bladder is, but I'm so tired of going to doctors.

That's a great suggestion about the magnesium. I'll look into that and the smoothies sound yummy.

I do know about the mixing of IF and Soluable fiber so I'm okay with that, but it's adding to my diet that seems to add so much gas and my famous doobie balls. I'm going to see a dietican and hope she can help. I'll bring some of Heather's notes.

I have been wanting to take yoga, but because I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome too it's hard to get out. I bought a yoga DVD, but got a neck ache trying to watch the screen and do the moves LOL I'll check out the one you suggested.

Right now it's all gas in the rib cage and painful. So draining. I really don't know who to see at this point. It's never been this bad, but I had so much stress recently I guess it really trigged a bad flare.

Have you tried the CD's Heather sells to relax us? I don't have a CD player anymore, otherwise I'd be very tempted to buy them. Anyone know if they come in tapes? I still have a tape player in my closet. Again thanks for your helpful hints and posting.

#336409 - 09/23/08 12:37 PM
glasgowgirl

I just ordered them from the site. You should be able to play the cd's via a dvd player. I don't think they come in tape form.

Have you tried the fennel tea for bloating.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#336410 - 09/23/08 12:44 PM

Unregistered

Oh I'll order them now if we can play them in a DVD player, great, thanks so much. It certainly will help me relax cause now I'm getting panic attacks over this. When it's this bad and nothing is working I get scared. The tapes would help that. They sound great.

The fennel tea from Heather for some strange reason made me hyper though it shouldn't have. Maybe I'll re-order it.

Have you taken Pepcide AC OTC when your pain is in your rib cage? Does it work?

#336490 - 09/24/08 07:12 PM
glasgowgirl

So far the pain isn't bad enough for meds I'm able to control it with exercise and the fennel.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#339703 - 12/19/08 11:38 PM
glasgowgirl

Hi Lainey

Are you feeling any better.

Cary

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1812 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5463

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review