All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
food in the stomach
      #336029 - 09/14/08 08:11 PM
LAKB

Reged: 03/18/08
Loc: Mountains of Georgia

when I eat, even just a small 1/2 sandwich for example, it seems like I've eaten a 7 course meal. It seems like the food just sits in my stomach and doesn't move. Then I take an extra strength excedrin and usually feel better after 15 mins and can eat again. Any idea why this would be? Doctors dismiss the excedrin solution but I'm taking about 4 -5 a day and that can't be good.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: food in the stomach new
      #336030 - 09/15/08 04:12 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I don't know why Excedrin would have that affect. I wish there was a magic solution, since I frequently feel that way too. However, you are right, Excedrin cannot be good for your stomach. Read the ingredients, it used to contain caffeine and if it is an aspirin derivative, it can cause serious damage to your stomach.... I have a friend who swears by Alka Seltzer, but it's just as bad for you! Who knows???

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Re: food in the stomach new
      #336033 - 09/15/08 06:53 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

You may have delayed gastric emptying. A long time ago my doctor thought this was a problem for me and so prescribed me domperidone, and it definitely works to empty the stomach, with no side effects. I was hungry all the time!!

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2668 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1134

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review