All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
pregnancy and IBS
      #335748 - 09/07/08 03:56 AM
zuzanka23

Reged: 07/20/07
Loc: UK

Hi, i know this might sound silly but ive been thinking about this for some time now and i need to know whats gonna happen if i become pregnant? i take immodium every day now and i know when you get pregnant, you are not allowed to take any tablets cos it can harm the baby. So when i get pregnant one day, i wont be able to take imodium and therefore i will probably have diarrhoea like every day and i wont be able to go to work or anywhere. Does anyone know what happens when u get pregnant? anyone been pregnant and had IBS or anyone has any experiences? ive really worried cos i want to have kids one day but i also need to be able to live my life and go to work. Any comments will be very appreciated. Thank you

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Actually.... new
      #335797 - 09/08/08 12:58 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Pregnancy most often causes constipation, so that should help! Are you following the IBS diet? Eating lots of soluble fiber? And are you positive that you cannot take immodium while pregnant? That's something to ask your OBGYN about to be sure. I wouldn't worry about it; there's really no way to know what's going to happen to your body until you get pregnant. I'm normally prone to C, but it hasn't really bothered me during my pregnancy (I'm 24 weeks right now).

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Actually.... new
      #335807 - 09/08/08 03:18 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I was fine during my pregnacy and ibs began again after I quit nursing.Don't know if there is a connection but if I knew then what I know now...I'd NEVER quit nursing!!!!just kidding.my symptoms were gone but I know others aren't so lucky.Everyone is different.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 782 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1933

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review