All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pain in Left Side
      #335659 - 09/04/08 04:16 PM
Genie75

Reged: 05/28/08

Hello,
I am experiencing a pain in my left side. I have been told that it is colon spasms. I had a CT scan done and nothing was found, so I was told that.
I have been eating gluten free for 10 + years, because not eating glutens stopped the chronic diarhea. Until last November. My symptoms got significantly worse, and I can't seem to get very stable anymore. And on top of that, I have developed a new pain in my left side starting about 3 months ago.
I started taking the Acacia Tummy Fibre and I take it twice a day. About 3/4 of a teaspoon. If I take too much fibre I run to the bathroom a lot. I am doing quite well on the Acacia Tummy Fibre. But I am very frustrated about the pains in my left side. I have been avoiding anything too fibrous like skins and rough veggies. I also have had to stop taking various different natural supplements that I take because I believe they maybe cause the pain in the left side to some extent.
I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice for me on how to deal with the pains, and how I can get rid of them.

Thanx, Janet

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pain in Left Side new
      #335674 - 09/05/08 05:38 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

I had pain on the left side ALL the time, sometimes worse than at other times. EFI diet, acacia and avoiding/dealing better with stress have greatly reduced it but it still comes and goes. It is caused by spasms of the colon, spastic colon or IBS (all same condition).

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#335693 - 09/05/08 11:09 AM
Genie75

Hi Barbara,
Thanx for replying. I don't know what EFI diet is. Is that the same diet that is in Heather's book?

Janet

#335694 - 09/05/08 11:39 AM
Genie75

Sorry, I figured it out. You'll have to forgive me, I'm a newbie on this site. EFI - Eating for IBS

#335698 - 09/05/08 05:30 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

My pain is primarily in my left side, above my waist and that's where most of my bloating/swelling occurs. As Barbara said, it's caused by spasms of the colon. And, my dr. said that's the beginning of your transverse colon, so -Voila! - you can automatically know it's an IBS symptom... I think if you deal with it long enough, you may find you'll have pain anywhere in your GI tract... Sorry!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 643 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1635

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review