All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: a question for those who bloat... new
      #335556 - 09/03/08 03:56 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

JennyB, does the Reflux Away just work on gas and belching, or the bloat too? Because I hardly ever belch and I'm not convinced the bloating is from gas, because "passing gas" doesn't usually relieve it either...

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#335573 - 09/03/08 09:33 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

FYI

Excellent info on bloating and distension

Bloating and Distension: Are They One and the Same?

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/568555_3

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#335576 - 09/03/08 10:06 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Can I look at this article without signing in to Medscape?

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#335594 - 09/03/08 01:19 PM
CarolynC

Reged: 03/11/08
Loc: Connecticut

It is so comforting to read there are others who share a bloating problem like mine.
Yep....I look pregnant at times. it makes me very upset.
I am thin and it even feels uncomforatble to twist or do sit-ups.
My bloat can be either upper or lower or BOTH! Just depends on what I've eaten. Gasy foods make my lower bloated and sore....then I have gas pains and the rest that goes with it.
when the bloat is upper....I just get this real full feeling, like my guts are pushing on my ribs. I also tend to start burping more. I am short waisted, so when the upper portion is bloated, it is very uncomfortable.

I know it is bad, but I feel better when I skip breakfast. So I have been doing this for years. Just like the others my tummy feels much flatter after a BM. However, does anyone ever feel tight and slightly crampy right after a BM?
I do....and it takes a while to go away. Sort of like the having the BM has irritated my insides. I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced this! Or has some advice to share.

Hope this information was helpful

--------------------
IBS-C with bloating and cramps
occasional type A

#335600 - 09/03/08 01:38 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Carolyn, I think we share the same tummy. Ditto, upper bloat/burping and lower bloat/gas pain. Ditto, crampy after a BM - basically I am a C, but every time I go, my right-side colon goes into a spasm afterwards, and basically stays that way for the rest of the day. When I can find a happy medium between bloat and spasm, I'll be the first to let you know. In fact I think I will issue a press release!!

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#335606 - 09/03/08 02:21 PM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

Fen, usually the Reflux Away will help decrease the bloat, and I think it usually helps take away some of the slight pain and crampy feelings too. I hope someone else can have some luck with it!

#335641 - 09/04/08 10:28 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Renee21, you should be able too. But if not medscape is free they don't spam you and they have a giant and current IBS resource center that is extremely informative, so its highly worth it.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#335658 - 09/04/08 02:40 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

I will have to try this Reflux Away you mentioned... I get the whole '5-months prego belly' after almost every meal I eat, no matter what the fiber content is. It sucks!! And it makes me feel super self-conscious. If I only I could let out my gas at work like I do at home!
BTW, I have tried Charco-Caps, Phazyme, Gas-X, and lots of other stuff. I don't think anything really helps except for Imodium, which I do not like to take too often because it clogs me up. Ugh.

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

#354821 - 01/24/10 09:40 AM
RobD

Reged: 12/11/09

It is interesting (depressing??) to hear that bloating can occur regardless of what you eat. I have occasional bloating after dinner (never, it seems, after other meals)-- pressure, discomfort, and sometimes some mild spasms-- even though I avoid known gas-producing foods and drinks. I'd like to hear from others if they have been able to trace their bloating to specific foods or drinks, or if it just happens regardless. Also, any suggestions for coping when it does occur?

CarolynC new
      #354823 - 01/24/10 10:52 AM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

Carolyn, I thought coconut oil and eating more in accordance to Bee's plan cured your IBS? I was going to get started on her plan as well pretty soon, but I was hoping it would help my gas and bloating! Yikes! By the way, I meant to email you back soon, sorry, life keeps getting in my way...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3242 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 46146

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review