All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Colonoscopy results and zelnorm new
      #18403 - 08/24/03 01:52 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ruchie,
I've never heard of anyone so excited to have IBS!!! I think you're just one of those all-the-time happy people.

I'm wondering how your move went. I guess you are settled. You didn't mention it.
I have not tried the Zelnorm, because from what I've heard from others, it either didn't help them or their symptoms returned as soon as they stopped taking it. From what I understand, you can only take it for a short period (4-6 weeks at a time). Did your doctor say anything about that? I am getting so desperate that I may try it soon. Let me know if it helps you. I sure hope it does!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

My experience with Zelnorm new
      #18466 - 08/25/03 05:49 AM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

Ruchie, I took Zelnorm for a while. My main IBS complaints are pain/bloating. The Zelnorm initially gave me urgent D, so stay close to home for the first few days. Unfortunately, it did not help the pain/bloating one bit. While taking the Zelnorm, I constantly had this weird rumbly, gurgly (I know, VERY scientific description) unsettled feeling in my gut. I stopped taking it because I didn't feel it was helping me. This is just my personal experience with the drug. I think it is worth a try however because we are all different; it might work for you. Try a search on Zelnorm, there has been a lot of discussion on it.
As for your doctor's advice to eat dairy, red meat and cut your fiber supplement: ?????????? WHAT? Does HE have IBS? Probably not. We are all living proof of what works and what doesn't. I am IBS-c and the one thing that has helped me in a big way is my SOLUBLE FIBER SUPPLEMENT! Giving up dairy has really helped with the bloating. Everything else is trial and error. There is no question in my mind about the soluble fiber suppl. and the NO DAIRY. Nod politely when your Doc tells you these things and then do what makes you feel best. Wishing you well, artist

Re: Colonoscopy results and zelnorm new
      #18482 - 08/25/03 07:35 AM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

Ruchie-

I have been on Zelnorm since June and it is working very well for me with the C. However my GI told me to take phazyme with every meal for pain/bloating. I tried dairy but it was no-go can't do even with the zelnorm, I can do meat, but not 2 days in a row, if I spread things out a bit and don't stress my body out I am usually ok, but I am not a big meat fan anyway. I am having success and a lot less problems with C, but of course, I am sticking to the diet, drinking lots of water, taking my fiber blah blah blah, but it is working for me. Good Luck!!

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

Re: My experience with Zelnorm new
      #19328 - 09/02/03 06:19 AM
javafiend

Reged: 08/23/03
Loc: DeSoto, TX

Hello artist,
I am conducting a study on women and Zelnorm. Would you be willing to participate and answer a few questions? Please respond by 9/13/03. Thanks

Re: Javafriend, please read new
      #19330 - 09/02/03 06:21 AM
javafiend

Reged: 08/23/03
Loc: DeSoto, TX

Please accept my apology. I did not mean to offend anyone.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2612 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5939

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review