All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
what does this mean?
      #335194 - 08/24/08 10:30 AM

Unregistered

ok so saturday morning i took sleeping pills at 4am because I couldn't sleep, I also took some generic brand tylonol or something..it was called pain reliver, for my headache..well I ended up still barley getting sleep even with the sleeping pills, and I was up at like 9 or 10 in the morning because of ppl making noise,fighting all day..i felt barfy and ended up barfing 3 times in a row..when I tried to have a bm i got a poundind in my head..i hardly went..I got up today and had a few hard dry stools but the stools after that were almost diarreah, i haven't eaten hardly an If, i didn't hardly eat yesterdasy, a couple baby carrots,some fennel tea, a real smal slice of watermelon..so why would i be having these problems?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: what does this mean? new
      #335205 - 08/24/08 12:32 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Was the generic pain reliever acetaminophen, or was it a generic aspirin/ibuprofen/naproxen? There's actually a big difference - acetaminophen is metabolized in the liver, and thus is gentle on the stomach. The others are metabolized in the stomach and taken that many hours after a meal, in conjunction with sleeping pills, could easily have caused stomach upset. Then to top it off, it sounds like you didn't eat much the following day, so there was nothing to kind of cushion the pills.

I know with IBS is so easy to want to pin all of our symptoms on what we eat, but there are many, many other factors that contribute to our symptoms.

Please be careful when you mix pills, and be especially careful what you take on an empty stomach. A few crackers can often be enough to soften the blow of an irritating medication.

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 348 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 910

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review