All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I thinks it safe to say, I should stay away from all foods!!!
      #335127 - 08/21/08 06:12 PM
cdc6800

Reged: 02/27/08
Loc: biloxi,ms

I have been having alot of trouble lately, I am really at my wits end all together about dieting, what to eat or what not to eat. Everything I put in my mouth hurts me! Everthing! There is so many ingredients to stay away from that it leaves no food choices whatsoever. I am told to stay away from HFCS, soluble fiber, casien, citric or absorbic acids, niacin, dairy, whole grains, and preservatives. The list could go on and on and on!!!! So what does that leave.....crackers? I can't live off crackers and warm water!!! What am I supposed to do, I already weigh 97lbs, 24 years old, I am 20 lbs underweight!! I am not really looking for an answer here, because I know there is truly not one, but I just don't know what else to do, I am tired of being in pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I thinks it safe to say, I should stay away from all foods!!! new
      #335135 - 08/21/08 07:33 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Why do you have to stay away from sf?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#335138 - 08/21/08 08:01 PM
burk

Reged: 10/07/06

I know how you feel, I am also underweight and had a time when all I was eating was Krispix. Have you been allergy tested? I'm allergic to soy, and that was something that drove me up the wall for a good four months before I figured that out.

White rice is always good for me...potatoes are delicious panfried...I hope you can find a base food to get your feet on the ground and expand from there.

#335141 - 08/22/08 04:04 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Most of us have felt like you, but in truth, like Dragonfly, just mentioned, there are many SF foods you can eat. Have you read Heather's book or explored this website for her "Cheat Sheet"? If the foods you listed are all you have to avoid, you "can" eat things like:
Sourdough bread, Italian bread - plain bread
Bagels - wonderful and easy to take with you anywhere -
I've learned to use applesauce as a "dip" with them
White Rice
Bananas
Herbal teas
Look at the list.... there are many more things, as well as ways to prepare them. You may not be eating steak or spaghettti and meatballs, but there are alternatives. I can't so soy either, but I can eat tuna and baked/boiled chicken...
And, start out slow with a couple of things, then add to it, if you stay on a diet of pure carbs you're bound to gain some of that weight back...
Prayers and good wishes - don't give up, this site has plenty of advice.......

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2727 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1377

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review