All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
stomach erosions???
      #335125 - 08/21/08 05:54 PM
cdc6800

Reged: 02/27/08
Loc: biloxi,ms

So I had an upper scope Tuesday, for the pain in the upper stomach area because my doc said that he didn't think that was related to my IBS. Well afterwards he said that he seen a couple of erosions on my stomach, he asked me if I take any kind of asprin for my pain, and I said no, he said that could possibly cause the erosions. Well he sent a sample to biopsy and I am waiting to hear back. I am a military wife so I am not sure if this is what they do on the outside or not but, they said that if nothing came of the biopsy that they would not call but just send a note in the mail, and if something did come out of it, then they would call me and go from there. What I don't understand is that haven't they already found these "erosions" so how could that ever be just nothing, and a reason to send a note in the mail? Isn't a "erosion" something? Has anyone got any advice or insight on what these "erosions" could possibly be? Sorry so long

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: stomach erosions??? new
      #335139 - 08/21/08 09:55 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

When I had my endoscopy they found esophogitis and gastritis and prescribed Nexium which is for erosions in those areas. I wouldn't worry because even if it's ulcers, there are medications that treat them so well. My brother just had an endoscopy and they told him his stomach and esophogus were in "shreds - like raw meat", but he had been taking NSAIDs....They started him on Prilosec and he's fine now. Did you dr. given you anything yet? Mine started the Nexium that very day and I don't have any problems with it - some do, but I didn't. Now, I just take it occasionally - when I know I'm going to have reflux because of something I have eaten... Praying for a good report for you...

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Re: stomach erosions??? new
      #335140 - 08/22/08 12:48 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Hi, I can't help you with erosions but it reminds me of what they found for me. I had the camera pill and they found a few intestinal lesions. Because of this the doctor decided to do a colonoscopy. During the colonoscopy he didn't see any lesions, and when I asked him about it, he just said that he checked for them and they weren't present. They way I explain it is that perhaps I just had a reaction to something I ate prior to the camera pill, and the lesions just happened to have been healed by the time I had the scope. i think all of us IBSers suffer from some sort of GI inflammation that can lead to errosions or lesions time to time. The inflammation would also explain the occassional pain and attacks. Hopefully as you learn to eliminate your triggers your gut will also heal !

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5819 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 993

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review