All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Whats for dinner? Tired of same thing!
      #334137 - 08/06/08 04:06 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Well I at that point again were I am tired of the same old things. These are the nights that suck I wish I could just throw a frozen pizza in the oven and build a salad and in 30 mins poof I have super!
Any ideas I am going to the store tomorrow I am out of Poatoes and chicken any ideas? Thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Whats for dinner? Tired of same thing! new
      #334185 - 08/07/08 11:39 AM

Unregistered

Turkey burgers on the grill tonight. How about a rotisserie chicken? As long as I stick to the breast meat I can handle it fine. I like to pair that with a loaf of french bread and a small salad - easy and delicious. Do you like fish? I grill tilapia alot - my whole family likes it. Also! As far as potatoes go, the Ore Ida hash brown with peppers & onions have 0 fat! Just cook in a skillet sprayed with Pam and season as you wish. The Ore Ida roasted potates are good too - very low in fat. They also make ready-to-mash potatoes! Just throw the bag in the microwave for 10 minutes and mix together with your soy milk, season and your're ready! If you like shrimp, let me know b/c I just tried an awesome recipe with shrimp and pasta! Can you handle turkey sausage? My family loves grilled turkey sausage as well...I could go on...good luck

Please go on and on......... new
      #334216 - 08/08/08 06:24 AM
emmasmom

Hi thanks for helping me. Yes i love shrimp. I would love your pasta recipe. If you don't mind would you please post some more of your meal ideas. I am running very low on ideas that have sf and if in them.Maybe even some snacks animal cookies, grham crackers & muffins are getting old. You can e-mail me if you want or just post it. Either way it will mean alot thanks again! ((hugs))
emmasmom (Sheila)
ibs-c gas

Re: Please go on and on......... new
      #334217 - 08/08/08 07:20 AM
IBSrunner

Reged: 07/25/08
Loc: California

what about pretzels? or Fig newman's?

--------------------
IBS-C Gas and constant Bloating

#334222 - 08/08/08 10:10 AM

Unregistered

I don't have the formal recipe to post on the recipe board but here ya go: Heat 1/2 cup red. fat or fat free ital dressing in a skillet. Add 1 lb med shrimp (already cooked), 1 C shredded carrots, 1 C sugar snap peas and cook thru until heated (about 5 minutes). Combine with 3 cups cooked rotini pasta and serve. I served this with more french bread. For breakfast scramble some egg beaters and put on a toasted bagel w/a piece of rice,almond, etc cheese. Have you tried turkey tacos? Just omit the tomatoes if you can't eat them - use lettuce and cucumber instead. Turkey breast filets are also good on the grill - marinate them in fat free ital dressing or just use a dab of BBQ sauce when you grill them. Snacks are tougher, I eat alot of carrots and pretzels and bananas but I can also a few cheez-its (shhhh.) If something has a small amt of dairy it doesn't bother me but I'm not sure about you.....how about using a chocolate glaze (on the board) & dipping pretzels or bananas in that? I've done that before! You can't eat tomatoes right? Let me know b/c I have a few more pasta ideas but won't post them if you can't eat them

#334233 - 08/08/08 02:09 PM
emmasmom

Y a i can eat tomatoes and ketchup but no pizza or pasta sauce. Have been afraid of trying can tomatoes. I can't do italian dressing or taco seasoning cause of the spices. I need more if ideas I am runing short ya know. I get upset trying to figure out how to pair them and what to make with the same old thing. Please post your pasta ideas with tomatoes. What kind of if do eat? Thanks so much for the tip on the poatoes the new mash one and the bake ones I pick some up today!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#334270 - 08/09/08 07:29 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Ok. I know this is not a "fast" dinner, but MAN is it good????!!!!
Martha White makes a pizza crust mix that's in a little bag, and all you have to do is dump 1/2 cup of hot tap water in it and mix it up and roll it out and it makes a GREAT pizza dough. Then, I buy "Boboli" pre-made pizza sauce in little pre-measured packets(comes in a box of 3 packets - BTW, if you can't eat cooked tomatoes, just slice some fresh tomatoes thin and spread them over the crust just like sauce - it's wonderful!!). Then I top it with lots of fresh veggies, turkey pepperoni, I add a few of my favorite spices(oregano, crushed rosemary, garlic salt) and soy mozarella...spray the top of it with olive oil spray and pop it in the oven for 10 minutes. I make them probably twice a week. My husband LOVES them!! Better than Papa John's OR Domino's!!

It is DELIGHTFUL and almost no fat! (The pizza crust has only 2gms of fat in the ENTIRE crust, and 0gms sat fat.

You will love it, and so will your belly!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Thanks fancy mom......... new
      #334277 - 08/09/08 08:36 AM
emmasmom

I was just thinking pizza sounds good but man I can't have the sauce. I can do ketchup but haven't been brave engouh to try tomatoe paste yet. I think I'll just give tomatoes a try. I am always worried about getting engouh "if" any ideas to go along with this pizza. thanks again!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Re: Thanks fancy mom......... new
      #334285 - 08/09/08 10:49 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Your gonna LOVE it, Sheila!
I have a hard time with cooked tomatoes too. I just use a very little bit of the tomato sauce (just barely a smear - to make the pizza not so dry), then I spread tomato slices over the sauce...then veggies over that, then soy mozarella, then spray a good bit of olive oil over the cheese before you bake it(soy cheese can be a bit dry, but it's good with the evoo sprayed on top - keeps it from being dry).

Also, little hint, sprinkle some salt over your tomatoes before you put the veggies over them...really brings out the tomato flavor!! YUMMY!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Re: Whats for dinner? Tired of same thing! new
      #334297 - 08/09/08 03:46 PM
kristi123

Reged: 10/13/07

i like....bbq chicken pizza- just get a safe crust they should have something at the store and top with bbq sauce and chicken
sweet potato fries-slice sweet potato spray lightly with cooking spray and salt
tilapia cooked in a pan with wine and lemon juice
jasmine success rice-so easy, safe, and a different taste
fresh pita with hummus
strawberry banana stuffed frech toast(safe)
kids cliff bars (fudge brownie)
100 calorie lorna doone shortbread cookies
york peppermint patties-my addiction! and i can handle them fine, even like 2 at time

--------------------
IBS-D

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2771 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4920

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review