All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
???? high up stomach pain and bloating anyone ????
      #333851 - 08/02/08 08:55 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

does anyone else with ibs get pain high up in there actual stomach area with bloating and sometimes acid reflux or anything ? am going back to the gastro in a weeks time but jsut wondered if i should be asking him to check for anything else - baring in mind i have anxiety and am actually perified of having anything stuck down my throat or up my bum lol!! (sorry)

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ???? high up stomach pain and bloating anyone ???? new
      #333852 - 08/02/08 09:22 AM
AlyVA

Reged: 08/01/08
Loc: Virginia

I am the same way. I have panic attacks and get scared sometimes when I start to feel acid and higher bloating like you are talking about. It have helped alot since I stopped eating a lot of stuff, but just be as clear as you can with your doc. Sorry I am not too helpful. I do know how you feel though.

#333853 - 08/02/08 09:40 AM
IBSrunner

Reged: 07/25/08
Loc: California

I get that too. But for me it is just part of my IBS because I have checked for everything else. I am just starting to become stable so maybe you should just try eating soluble foods and maybe it will help. I have had both a colonoscopy and a endoscopy and I was pretty scared but they both went fine. I was asleep the whole time and dont remember anything! Dont worry about it They need to check to make sure you dont have anything serious.

--------------------
IBS-C Gas and constant Bloating

#333854 - 08/02/08 10:09 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

That is me 100%!
I live with IBS and GERD. I have tried every diet modification known to man!! HA!
I think a great place to start is a food diary. That will really help you figure out what's bothering you.
I have ommitted:
Fried foods, Dairy, red meat, cooked tomatoes(ketchup & pasta sauce), chocolate(that one is HARD!), spicy foods, citrus fruits, sodas, excess sugar and caffeine.

That pretty much helped me immediately. Now, sticking to that is not easy! Just take it one day at a time!!

Oh yeah - Don't worry if you have to have a scope. I have had both ends done several times. It's really no big deal. You will be asleep and won't remember a thing!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#333870 - 08/03/08 07:48 AM
IBSrunner

hey fancymom, I think its great that you were able to identify what your triggers are. I would like to do the same thing but the problem is I was recently diagnosed and I get stomach aches and bloating everyday. It seems like no matter what I eat I have a reaction. What do you suggest?

--------------------

#333874 - 08/03/08 09:56 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Hey IBSrunner!
Well, I think there are a few trigger foods that you should probably eliminate NOW. If you are eating ANY of these, they are probably causing your pain.
1. Dairy - ALL dairy, even cheeses and yogurt
2. Fried and high fat foods - fat is a BIG trigger for me
3. Red Meat - I know you'll miss your steak and burgers, but you'll be glad to miss them
4. Chocolate - This one was hard for me!
5. Caffeine - ALL forms, including tea and coffee
6. Sodas - All sodas bother me, caffeinated or not! (It's the carbonation that causes increased gas in your intestines, and therefore = PAIN)

Just start there, and see if that helps you. Good Luck!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#333877 - 08/03/08 10:23 AM
IBSrunner

I did that and it helped alittle but not really. I have stopped eating whole wheat. Today I am starting to eat only soluble foods like french bread, white rice, potatoes, etc. So I will see how that goes.

--------------------

#334023 - 08/05/08 10:47 AM
Keeks

Reged: 08/04/08

Hi JenUK,

As a matter of fact I have experienced the same problem. I have been using Heather's teas for a few months now and they worked wonders, however I have had another flare-up and nothing is working-not even Heather's teas...I do not know what to do..I am eating right and have incorporated more peppermint and fennel tea throughout the day but it still has NOT helped...Was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem..I am going to the doctor on Friday so that he can prescribe medication...I am totally bummed..Any advice???

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 350 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3498

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review