All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
how often do you eat?
      #332953 - 07/21/08 05:48 PM
BethW

Reged: 02/23/08

Hi there,

So I am starting to embark on the EFI for real. I have tried it before, but unfortunately my sons have medical issues that made it hard for me to put myself first. Now, I am finally able to do so.

Here is a question for all of you who follow this plan. How often do you eat SF? Heather says to make sure to have SF in your belly all the time. What does that mean exactly in terms of eating? Every 2 hours? If I do acacia (which has been great for me) does that help.

I know in time this will make sense and I won't have to think about it so much. But I have allergies to wheat, dairy and soy, as well as an intolerance to sugar, and my sons have different allergies, so trying to get all of us fed is a bit of an undertaking!

I am hopeful that this is going to work. The small adjustments I have made so far have helped. Right now I am kind of on the stabilizing piece of things so just doing SF for the next 2 days. I am hoping to gain any words of wisdom as I embark on this.

Thanks for your insight!
Beth

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: how often do you eat? new
      #333007 - 07/22/08 11:53 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Hi Beth. What I have done is eat or drink SF about every three hours. I begin the day with 1 tsp. of Acacia in my herbal tea. I also have cream of rice for breakfast about 1 hour later. Mid-morning I eat a piece of french or sour dough bread (you would have to sub with a nonwheat bread of course). Typical lunch has either pasta, rice or potato to get in the SF along with a fruit or veggie and usually chicken or tuna or turkey. Mid afternoon I have an SF snack of 1/2 baked potato, cream of rice or french bread. Supper again includes the SF of either pasta, rice or potato. Before bed I have a cup of calming herbal tea with another tsp. of Acacia. Seems like a lot of eating but I have lost about 15 pounds and my cholesterol has dropped from 211 to 175!! The best part is I am stable. If I get off of this routine or the stress comes on I will have an attack or a bad day but thankfully those are far and few between.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Barbara50 new
      #333008 - 07/22/08 12:02 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

What do you do for "if" and how much to you eat in one day. Thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#333027 - 07/22/08 04:36 PM
BethW

Reged: 02/23/08

Hi Barbara50,

Thanks for the information. It sounds like the plan I sorted out is about what you are doing. Do you always cook your veggies/fruits? I was going to blanch or steam my veggies to start, as I prefer them crunchy. I wasn't sure if I needed to cook/boil them instead.

Thanks again!!
Beth

#333054 - 07/23/08 12:15 AM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I eat every 2-3 hours. Otherwise I feel nausious, week and sick to my stomach.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#333065 - 07/23/08 07:24 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

The only veggies or fruit I eat raw is carrots and berries. I cook veggies well done but since I am from the South that is good for me.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3257 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1448

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review