All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
IBS (C) Stable for 6 months
      #332903 - 07/20/08 11:54 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I'm enjoying eating so much, that it's hard to believe I'm back to living again, after such suffering!

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS (C) Stable for 6 months new
      #332904 - 07/21/08 01:13 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

i NEED to know how you done it - i too suffer with anxiety as well as ibs-d please tel me your secret lol

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

#332905 - 07/21/08 03:40 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Yes, tell us all! I'm sitting here praying and worrying because I need to go.... Mine seems to be "A" - for 2 weeks I had "D" and now I'm lucky if I go every other day.....and worry in between. Plus, I take meds for anxiety. So - we're all ears!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#332906 - 07/21/08 06:30 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

OMG, please share!!!! MY IBS C is horrible, depsite doing "everything right". What are you eating, taking, doing??????

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

IBS (C) Stable for 6 months new
      #332932 - 07/21/08 01:03 PM
TATYANA

Hi Ladies.

I think the main reason why I got better is because I quit my stressful job. Also, I finally figured out what works for me and what I can eat without getting sick.

Like, the only oil that I can eat is canola oil. I can eat it in large ammounts without a problem. Also, I can tolerate 2% lactose free milk just fine. I'm back to drinking wine and brandy. Can you imagine? I do good with most beers, but some german beers give me terrible gas.

Things that I cannot tolerate for 2 years now are:
spicy
red meat
lactose
every kind of oil besides canola
cabbage and broccoli
cherries
coffee...

I'm not taking any kind of fiber or medicine. I do take vitamins (daily-without iron, calcium, vitamin D, vitamin C, Vitamin A).

Please, ask me any questions. But please, be specific. It's very hard to remember and mention everything.

Tatyana.

--------------------

#332937 - 07/21/08 01:42 PM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

Hi Tatyana:

I'm sooooo happy for you. I am still trying to figure things out, however, I remember from some of your prior posts that you needed a lot more IF than SF, which I believe is my case. For a while there I just couldn't get things to move. I have now bumped my IF up as well as my entire fiber intake. I am now having good, hefty BMs. I exercise a lot and drink lots of water. I take acacia and have followed guidelines of EFI (being a C had to do some tweaking).

This is what I am still experiencing and thought you may have a suggestion. Many days even after a couple of great BMs I still get lower abdominal cramping.....once the cramping settles down I just have a low grade stomach ache for several hours. Sometimes I'll get lower abdominal cramping later in the day and has nothing to do with needing to have a BM. Right now, this is the most frustrating part. I thought that with IBS once you got the BMs going good, everything else would settle down.

Did you deal with the cramping/pain issues at all and if so, how did you go about resolving them?

Thanks again Tatyana When people finally do get stable and figure it all out, it's great when they come back to the board and can give some suggestions as to how they got there.

Take care.
Sharon

Re: IBS (C) Stable for 6 months Sharon new
      #332939 - 07/21/08 01:49 PM
Wendy1234

Reged: 02/06/08

Sharon you sound just like me with that low grade aching. I'm mainly C, but had a major major attack yesterday. I thought I was stable, but it hit me like bricks. You say you exercise, what type of exercise do you do and how many days a week? Also, what types of tweaking have you done to the EFI diet?

IBS (C) Stable for 6 months (Sharon) new
      #332940 - 07/21/08 01:52 PM
TATYANA

Dear Sharon.

You're saying that you have few BM's a day. That is very good but that might be the reason for your cramping throughout a day. Your large fiber intake makes everything move around and that gives you pain. Maybe if you take just a little less fiber (but you will have less BM's), you might get less cramping.

In my case, I get pains if I eat something I shouldn't have had. That is just a sign for me. But it's not a cramp, but more of a sharp, stabbing pain. I only get cramps before BM's. I have a few BM's in the moring, 1 right after another. It's weird, but that is my routine now.

I don't know if I answered your question.
Thanks.
Tatyana.

--------------------

Re: IBS (C) Stable for 6 months (Tatyana) new
      #332945 - 07/21/08 02:44 PM
sharond

Hi Tatyana,

That was my thinking exactly.....Several weeks ago I went to dr. because I was having multiple (7) BM in the morning (say between 5:00AM and 8:00AM) not C or D...just a lot of small, incomplete. Did colonoscopy, lots of blood work. Of course, nothing wrong and add more fiber (like they all say). Fortunately, I had already been doing a lot of EFI stuff and knew difference between SF and IF. However, did as he said and bumped up fiber. Now I am having these great BMs (2-3) between 5:00 and 8:00 and generally done for the day, but as I said, have the cramping and/or stomach aches. I eat a lot of the same foods every day. But here is a thought because I can't seem to figure anything else out.....bumped up fiber too quickly. I hate to think of cutting back 'cuz I really like feeling like I'm good and cleaned out if you know what I mean.

Just have to keep experimenting.
Thanks for getting back to me Tatanya....you're so lucky you got it figured out.

Sharon

Re: IBS (C) Stable for 6 months Wendy new
      #332946 - 07/21/08 03:09 PM
sharond

Hi Wendy,

I do some type of exercise almost every day. Summertime is different than winter time. During the winter I go to the Y and do cardio for about 45-60 minutes. Two days a week when I lift weights I only do 30 minutes cardio. During the summertime I either walk an hour or bike ride an hour. If it's a day where I feel like crap, I still usually force myself to do a 20 minute walk outside or on treadmill. I have worked out for 39 years and I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't.

When I say "tweaking" the diet I guess what I mean is that I have experimented with what I can or cannot tolerate. For instance, I need a lot more IF than SF. I need to eat a lot of fruits/veggies whereas some people cannot tolerate hardly any. Once in a while I'll have 1/2 cup of coffee and I get no reaction. Someimes I'll have a few bites of a "no-no" food and be fine with just those couple of bites whereas some people can't even do that.

Funny thing, I had a major attack yesterday as well and God only knows where that came from. Today I'm fine EXCEPT for that low grade aching???

Sharon

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 362 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24226

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review