All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
IBS (C) Stable for 6 months
      #332903 - 07/20/08 11:54 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I'm enjoying eating so much, that it's hard to believe I'm back to living again, after such suffering!

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS (C) Stable for 6 months new
      #332904 - 07/21/08 01:13 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

i NEED to know how you done it - i too suffer with anxiety as well as ibs-d please tel me your secret lol

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

#332905 - 07/21/08 03:40 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Yes, tell us all! I'm sitting here praying and worrying because I need to go.... Mine seems to be "A" - for 2 weeks I had "D" and now I'm lucky if I go every other day.....and worry in between. Plus, I take meds for anxiety. So - we're all ears!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#332906 - 07/21/08 06:30 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

OMG, please share!!!! MY IBS C is horrible, depsite doing "everything right". What are you eating, taking, doing??????

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

IBS (C) Stable for 6 months new
      #332932 - 07/21/08 01:03 PM
TATYANA

Hi Ladies.

I think the main reason why I got better is because I quit my stressful job. Also, I finally figured out what works for me and what I can eat without getting sick.

Like, the only oil that I can eat is canola oil. I can eat it in large ammounts without a problem. Also, I can tolerate 2% lactose free milk just fine. I'm back to drinking wine and brandy. Can you imagine? I do good with most beers, but some german beers give me terrible gas.

Things that I cannot tolerate for 2 years now are:
spicy
red meat
lactose
every kind of oil besides canola
cabbage and broccoli
cherries
coffee...

I'm not taking any kind of fiber or medicine. I do take vitamins (daily-without iron, calcium, vitamin D, vitamin C, Vitamin A).

Please, ask me any questions. But please, be specific. It's very hard to remember and mention everything.

Tatyana.

--------------------

#332937 - 07/21/08 01:42 PM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

Hi Tatyana:

I'm sooooo happy for you. I am still trying to figure things out, however, I remember from some of your prior posts that you needed a lot more IF than SF, which I believe is my case. For a while there I just couldn't get things to move. I have now bumped my IF up as well as my entire fiber intake. I am now having good, hefty BMs. I exercise a lot and drink lots of water. I take acacia and have followed guidelines of EFI (being a C had to do some tweaking).

This is what I am still experiencing and thought you may have a suggestion. Many days even after a couple of great BMs I still get lower abdominal cramping.....once the cramping settles down I just have a low grade stomach ache for several hours. Sometimes I'll get lower abdominal cramping later in the day and has nothing to do with needing to have a BM. Right now, this is the most frustrating part. I thought that with IBS once you got the BMs going good, everything else would settle down.

Did you deal with the cramping/pain issues at all and if so, how did you go about resolving them?

Thanks again Tatyana When people finally do get stable and figure it all out, it's great when they come back to the board and can give some suggestions as to how they got there.

Take care.
Sharon

Re: IBS (C) Stable for 6 months Sharon new
      #332939 - 07/21/08 01:49 PM
Wendy1234

Reged: 02/06/08

Sharon you sound just like me with that low grade aching. I'm mainly C, but had a major major attack yesterday. I thought I was stable, but it hit me like bricks. You say you exercise, what type of exercise do you do and how many days a week? Also, what types of tweaking have you done to the EFI diet?

IBS (C) Stable for 6 months (Sharon) new
      #332940 - 07/21/08 01:52 PM
TATYANA

Dear Sharon.

You're saying that you have few BM's a day. That is very good but that might be the reason for your cramping throughout a day. Your large fiber intake makes everything move around and that gives you pain. Maybe if you take just a little less fiber (but you will have less BM's), you might get less cramping.

In my case, I get pains if I eat something I shouldn't have had. That is just a sign for me. But it's not a cramp, but more of a sharp, stabbing pain. I only get cramps before BM's. I have a few BM's in the moring, 1 right after another. It's weird, but that is my routine now.

I don't know if I answered your question.
Thanks.
Tatyana.

--------------------

Re: IBS (C) Stable for 6 months (Tatyana) new
      #332945 - 07/21/08 02:44 PM
sharond

Hi Tatyana,

That was my thinking exactly.....Several weeks ago I went to dr. because I was having multiple (7) BM in the morning (say between 5:00AM and 8:00AM) not C or D...just a lot of small, incomplete. Did colonoscopy, lots of blood work. Of course, nothing wrong and add more fiber (like they all say). Fortunately, I had already been doing a lot of EFI stuff and knew difference between SF and IF. However, did as he said and bumped up fiber. Now I am having these great BMs (2-3) between 5:00 and 8:00 and generally done for the day, but as I said, have the cramping and/or stomach aches. I eat a lot of the same foods every day. But here is a thought because I can't seem to figure anything else out.....bumped up fiber too quickly. I hate to think of cutting back 'cuz I really like feeling like I'm good and cleaned out if you know what I mean.

Just have to keep experimenting.
Thanks for getting back to me Tatanya....you're so lucky you got it figured out.

Sharon

Re: IBS (C) Stable for 6 months Wendy new
      #332946 - 07/21/08 03:09 PM
sharond

Hi Wendy,

I do some type of exercise almost every day. Summertime is different than winter time. During the winter I go to the Y and do cardio for about 45-60 minutes. Two days a week when I lift weights I only do 30 minutes cardio. During the summertime I either walk an hour or bike ride an hour. If it's a day where I feel like crap, I still usually force myself to do a 20 minute walk outside or on treadmill. I have worked out for 39 years and I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't.

When I say "tweaking" the diet I guess what I mean is that I have experimented with what I can or cannot tolerate. For instance, I need a lot more IF than SF. I need to eat a lot of fruits/veggies whereas some people cannot tolerate hardly any. Once in a while I'll have 1/2 cup of coffee and I get no reaction. Someimes I'll have a few bites of a "no-no" food and be fine with just those couple of bites whereas some people can't even do that.

Funny thing, I had a major attack yesterday as well and God only knows where that came from. Today I'm fine EXCEPT for that low grade aching???

Sharon

#333070 - 07/23/08 09:19 AM
Jordy

Was it hard for you to pinpoint your intolerances? You seem to have it down to an exact science! I envy that...how did you do it?

You can eat everything else? Whole wheat and raw veggies and all fruits? What about soda?

Do you eat SF before your IF? I want to be where you're at...but it seems like only a dream. I have tried so many different elimination diets and supplements like digestive enzymes, probiotics, triphala, Natural Calm, fiber. I can't believe you don't take anything.

Do you eat mostly IF?

Sounds like your IBS was anxiety induced. I would love to quit working and see how I do....but I need a paycheck.

--------------------

Tatyana.....help new
      #333074 - 07/23/08 09:54 AM
Jordy

Could you post a few sample daily diets you may follow? That would really help!

Thanks so much

--------------------

#333079 - 07/23/08 10:42 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Ok...JEALOUS!!

I would love to be where your at too!! Help us! We need you!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#333082 - 07/23/08 10:47 AM
fancymom

Hey Jordy!
What kind of fiber supplements do you take, and how much?

--------------------
FancyMom

Re: IBS (C) Stable for 6 months (Tatyana and Jordy) new
      #333094 - 07/23/08 11:18 AM
giveluv2all

Reged: 07/11/08
Loc: Nj

Yeah Tatyana, (cute name) We welcome your wisdom. It's also good to see a positive perspective to all the work we put into getting stable.
Jordy, I know when I was doing 'everything right' that really seemed screwed up by body. I was: taking my liq. multi. vit., Acacia, peppermint caps and tea, fennel tea, primrose, all 'go list' foods, probiotics, yoga, rest, no stress, heating pads... point is my belly wasn't much better but my female cycle was starting to come every week! I and my husband both agreed all I was doing made it worse! So I went to just liquid vitamin, primrose (which stabilized cycle the previous 7 mo), Align probiotic and fennel tea (only when feeling gassy). A week into the Align and the new changes I'm getting much better. I don't know, but maybe so much does more harm than good for some IBS suffers - just something to consider.

#333109 - 07/23/08 01:31 PM
Jordy

I just 2 tsp of Brenda Watson's Acacia web page but I'm not sure it helps or hurts. I think I have tried every fiber supplement out there. My doc says fiber supplements actually can be bad for IBS causing more problems.

I'm thinking of trying this one web page

--------------------

#333111 - 07/23/08 01:35 PM
Jordy

You really think taking too much stuff worsens it, perhaps?

I've heard of align being good for D, but other posts I've read (on a different site) suggested it actually increased C for C people. :confused

What's your diet like?

--------------------

#333112 - 07/23/08 01:38 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

The research studies do not report an increase in C when taking Align. The studies suggest it is as effective for C as D.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

align new
      #333114 - 07/23/08 01:50 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

I'm an IBS A, mostly C and align helped me greatly. I go everyday pretty much...sometimes every other day. I used to go up to 10 days without a BM and the longest I go now is ever a day. Align has been fantastic for me.

--------------------
IBS-A

#333116 - 07/23/08 02:02 PM
giveluv2all

Reged: 07/11/08
Loc: Nj

Yeah I do think too much was bad for me (even though it was all at the lowest doses). As for the Align, I can only really say that it seemed to loosen my BM up day 4-6 then by day 7 they firmed and now I have a BM upon waking and after lunch, which are the perfect texture and color. Align says that there is a period of days where the body adjusts and I found I was right on track with their tracker they gave with the pills.

My diet - a copy and paste from a previous msg:

Feeling bad: Strictly Heather's 'go' list -
Fresh french bread with avocado (my fave)
Thai Kitchen rice noodle soup with 1/2 package of seasoning (and no oil)
Cereal (listed by liking and with Dream vanilla soy milk): Puffins (Peanut Butter flavor), Oatmeal (with a few raisins, honey and cinnamon), Corn flakes (with a little organic honey), grits (with 2 Galaxy Nutritional veggie cheese slices) and Kix
Krusteze no fat blueberry muffins
Mango
Pasta with salt and pepper
Low fat Animal crackers (BJ's brand)
Saltine crackers
Teriyaki tofu (just firm tofu sizzled in teriyaki, garlic powder, white pepper and curry[if you do curry -it's nice with a little lemon on top right after plating]) with rice noodles, jazmine rice or Barilla Plus angel hair pasta
Homemade breads: Zucchini, carrot, applesauce, blueberry ;0)

When I feel a little better: Heather's go and slow list and all listed above -
Snackwell vanilla wafers
Pops cereal
Turkey meat balls (only 1-2 cut up small and chewed well)
caramel rice cakes
baked corn chips or french bread with Whole Foods avacado dip (really my fave) or artichoke/spinach dip
Barilla Plus Pasta with teriyaki tofu, (a little) turkey sausage, or (a little) thin sliced chicken with steamed zucchini or sauteed mangos spiced to liking.
Morning star veggie burgers in rice noodle soup or pasta sauce with Barilla Plus pasta
Homemade low fat pancakes or waffles with fruit on top

When feeling allot better: all the above -
More turkey (turkey sausage and BJ's turkey meatballs) or chicken to diet
a little brown sugar to oatmeal
I use lactaid with any foods like tortallini or parmesan cheese in foods
a little more tomato sauce

As for teas and supplements:
Miracle 2000 liquid vitamin - 1/2 once every single day (if I miss a dose I feel like I lack)
Primrose oil - 1 cap everyday to give my brain and body the oil it needs to help neurons fire, cells regenerate and primrose to help stabilize serotonin to help the gut get better (helps balance female chemical and recommended by doctor even while I'm trying to conceive)
Align probiotic - highly recommended by bloggers with IBS, it is great to help the body combat stress and balance either constipation and diarrhea (I get both) Plus it's interesting reading about the benefits of probiotics and serotonin and the effects of them with IBS.

...I look fw to doing the pizza. I seem to do well with a veggie cheese

Re: align new
      #333122 - 07/23/08 03:24 PM
fancymom

What is align?

--------------------
FancyMom

#333128 - 07/23/08 04:37 PM
Aly

it's a probiotic. you can google it by typing "align gi"--its had some studies saying it's one of the best probiotics for IBS....but I'm sure someone else can give more facts!

--------------------
IBS-A

#333131 - 07/23/08 06:11 PM
Jordy

I did't mean to start a debate....just reporting what I've read from real people with IBS-C have reported. I never tried it myself

--------------------

#333132 - 07/23/08 06:27 PM
fancymom

Ok. Thanks for the info!!

--------------------
FancyMom

#333134 - 07/23/08 06:53 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

Im IBS A..
I have been on align for 4 months now.. I do notice less bathroom issues havent had a ...blow out ( what I call a blow out= painful cramps with constipation ending in diarrhea. I do notice that I have more Gas though.. But its not painful. I notice its always in the morning & not to be gross but Im like a tuba horn every morning HAHAHA.. Again it isn't painful just abundant in the am.. I take my align before bed so maybe thats why?? Anyone else have this with align?? I was off align for 2 days when my pharmacy ran out and I was bloated and couldn't go to the bathroom for those 2 days. So its working..:) I guess we need to stay on it forever then

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

IBS (C) Stable for 6 months--- My tips to Jordy new
      #333145 - 07/23/08 11:55 PM
TATYANA

Dear Jordy,

I feel your pain. I'm so grateful to my husband for letting me quit working. I'm starting school in September and I hope that won't be messing up my ibs much.

I am sipping on red wine as I'm typing this and I can tolerate about half a glass without a problem.

Wheat never gave me any problems but veggies and fruit did. Now I eat most veggies except: cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli. They give me horrible gas.. I eat raw veggies with skins without a problem and I eat most fruit, except cherries, plums and papaya.
Rice makes me constipated so I eat baked potato or mashed potato, which moves along easier. Baked beans are perfect if you get constipated. If you eat them twice daily, great BM's guaranteed. Although, some beans give me gas. So, to be sure that you won't get gas, you can buy kidney beans, rinse them in water and eat them without a problem.
I don't drink pop because it has no nutritional value. But if I crave it, I might have half a can of 7-up.
I eat a salad before meal and I do fine. Sometimes I just eat a salad by itself without a problem.

(It is amazing how much have changed, comparing to my pains a year ago).

Medications--- don't agree with me, almost any. The worst are anti-inflammatory. I had to go without after knee surgery and that was the hardest thing I had to do. Aspirin and Tylenol is ok.

Samples of things I eat.

Herb tea
Oatmeal or frosted mini wheats cereal with 2% lactose free milk

Nectarine

Grilled chicken spinach salad (At Ihopes Pancake House)
Dry wheat toast with jelly's
Hot water or herb tea

Peanut butter (5 tea spoons)
Hot tea

Mashed potatoes
Smoked Salmon
Raw tomatoes

Dark chocolate
Herb tea

Apple with skins

I know, Heather suggests SFiber but I have to say that SFiber is what gives me problems. Constipation!!!!! I eat little of it and mostly concentrate on IFiber. Soups and soft foods help. Rice sticks so it plugs you up. Mashed potato is better. For people with IBS-C, I have to say, what saves you is BEANS, BEANS, BEANS. At first you might get gas, but with time it will get better. And, to be honest, the less medications and fibers I take, the better I get. Just let your body rest and get rid of everything bad! Herb teas are very healing and full of antioxidants.

I hope I helped, a little.

Tatyana.

P.S. I kept a food journal and never tried two things in one day. Sometimes it took 2 days to take effect and give me an attack. Be patient and write down things that work for you and that don't. Trader Joes is the place to start for dairy free foods, if you have that store near by.

--------------------

Re: IBS (C) Stable for 6 months--- My tips to Jordy new
      #333147 - 07/24/08 04:01 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Quote:

For people with IBS-C, I have to say, what saves you is BEANS, BEANS, BEANS.

Alright, gotta make some hummus (haven't seen it in the stores here) . I'm glad to hear you're doing so much better, it's always so inspiring!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

My tips to Jordy new
      #333153 - 07/24/08 06:18 AM
Jordy

Thank you so much!
I totally agree with you about the rice causing me Constipation! (even rice cakes and rice noodles) And yes, even brown rice based. Can you do brown rice? .And the beans being a big, big help! Do you eat them everyday...at least once? I love Whole Foods brand pureed on sweet potatoes! Hummus doesn't seem to have enough fiber as the 7 grams you get in 1/2 cup of lentils or baked beans.

When I went gluten free, substituting rice based products, that's when the C got really bad.

Quote:

SFiber is what gives me problems. Constipation!!!!!

Me too!!! At least for the supplement. Does SF food have the same effect or just the supplements?

Quote:

(It is amazing how much have changed, comparing to my pains a year ago).

It sure is! How wonderful for you!

What are you going to go to school for? Good luck. You're doing great! And what impresses me is that you aren't shelling out tons of money for probiotics, digestive enzymes, fiber supplements, peppermint capsules, flax, and on and on! You take NOTHING, right? Not even a beano with your beans?

You go, girl. Keep in touch. You are giving me some hope....after years. You have found what works for you by taking risks and doing your own thing and listening to your body. I thought there would be no way to get better without an SF supplement.

Quote:

. Sometimes it took 2 days to take effect and give me an attack. Be patient and write down things that work for you and that don't. Trader Joes is the place to start for dairy free foods, if you have that store near by.

If it took 2 days, how did you narrow it down to a specific food? What do you buy at Trader Joe's? PS. I'm impressed you can do whole wheat breads and cereals! Don't you wish you do cottage cheese and yogurts?

Oh, one more thing, do you eat any other carbs other than potatoes? or do you eat these every day? How about quinoa or something else,like pasta?

Take your time in answering all this. I know it's overwhelming!

--------------------

PS new
      #333161 - 07/24/08 09:08 AM
Jordy

That is so weird that you can eat apples with skin and not papaya, which is suppose to be pretty safe, I thought. What happens when you eat papaya or plums?

--------------------

Re: PS new
      #333166 - 07/24/08 10:40 AM
TATYANA

It is weird. When I eat plums, I get gas and bloating but when I eat papaya, I get nausia, headache, upset stomach and diarrea.... And I'm prone to constipation...

--------------------

Tatyana new
      #333169 - 07/24/08 01:32 PM
Jordy

Do you have time to address the post I made to you before the PS? I'd surely appreciate it!!!

--------------------

Re: PS new
      #333176 - 07/24/08 02:44 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Hi Tatyana,

I have been reading your latest posting. I wonder if you may be experiencing problems with the sorbitol in plums and excess fructose in the papaya. Also, I believe in other postings you indicated you had some problems with wheat. Wheat is high in a substance called fructans. These substances are made up of chains of interconnected fructose molecules. They are also found in things such as leeks, garlic and onions.

The general condition is called known as the short-chain carbohydrate malabsorption or FODMAPs malabsorption (e.g. fructose, lactose, sorbitol, fructans, etc). While this problem occurs in the normal population it seems to be more prevalent in the IBS population. Our guts are more sensitive. Here is a message with links to an article describing the clinical condition and an article on how to manage the condition with diet. Table 1 in the first article has a check list of foods that contain high amounts of FODMAPs that may cause problems. Figure 1 in the second article gives a list of favorable and unfavorable foods for managing the problem. I use these articles as a guide along with Heather's diet to manage my IBS.

Maybe this information will give you more ideas for managing your IBS.

Good Luck

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Jordy new
      #333181 - 07/24/08 03:48 PM
TATYANA

Do you have an email adress or instant messenger? It's hard to answer here because it gets confusing between all these messeges. Can't tell which message is for whom.

Thanks.

--------------------

More tips to Jordy new
      #333184 - 07/24/08 04:50 PM
TATYANA

Dear Jordy,

Wow, so many questions. I hope I can answer them all and not miss anything.

I don't like eating brown rice. It's tough to chew and I just don't like it.

I don't eat beans every day, but eat them when I feel like I need a little help.

Any store bought fiber will give me horrible gas, bloating and cramps.

I will be taking photography in school.

I only take vitamins. I don't take beano, because it gives me rash. I heard it has something in common with amoxicillin and the last one gives me deadly hives.

I ate the same thing and tried something new once in two days. That's how I knew what gave me problems. It's a long process but it works.

Whole Foods have bigger selection than Trader Joes, but it's far away from my house. What I used to buy at Trader Joes? Soy ice-cream, soy yogurt, soy cream cheese, herb teas, bread, Non-alcoholic wine, soy cream cheese blintz, coos-coos….

I hardly ever eat pasta. Pasta and rice constipates me big time!!! I eat---Baked potato, mashed potato, coos-coos, potato soups, little rice-ok.

….I hope I didn't miss anything. I'm sorry I didn't respond right away. I missed this message. It's too confusing on this board.

Tatyana.

--------------------

Re: More tips to Jordy new
      #333282 - 07/26/08 03:09 PM
Jordy

Thank you so much. It doesn't sound like you eat a SF source before your IF foods.

Your sample menu is helpful.

--------------------

#333305 - 07/27/08 06:00 AM
Aly

You know, now that you mention it...Same for me! The gas is def. much more prominant now. it's really not uncomfortable, but yes...I sit on the couch for a half hour and just toot away until I can eat breakfast!!! Maybe I'll try taking Align with breafast for a week and see if that helps... I didn't have a lot of gas issues before the align, but since it doesn't hurt me and I feel better, I still think it's well worth it!

--------------------
IBS-A

pizza new
      #333390 - 07/28/08 08:08 AM
Jordy

You use real cheese?

The oil isn't too much fat for you? I'm scared of oils.About how much is one capful?

And you take no sfs?

--------------------

Zara new
      #333392 - 07/28/08 08:09 AM
Jordy

Do you take Acacia at all? Any supplements? Like the Acacia and align?

--------------------

bump for Zara-nt new
      #334167 - 08/07/08 08:05 AM
Jordy

--------------------

Re: bump for Zara-nt new
      #334175 - 08/07/08 09:43 AM
Zara

Ooops, sorry Jordy, I didn't see your post.
I'm still waiting to try the Align again. I'm also out of Acacia so I take Citrucel - 4g a day. I always felt like too big of a dose of SF supplements didn't make feel well. I had a general feeling of uncomfortable fullness and I thought my bloating got worse, although I'm not sure it was because of the SFS.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#334182 - 08/07/08 11:30 AM
Jordy

thanks, Zara. We are so much alike in our thinking, it's spooky...but comforting to. I often wonder why I am not on mega doses of a fiber supplement, like many people with C. So, it's comforting to know that someone else's experience are the same....yet they still believe they can improve.

I guess if you don't feel worse not taking the acacia or the align, why waste your money. You take NOTHING? Not peppermint cap. or digestive enzymes either? That would save me so much money!! And the Natural Calm. You don't take that either, do you?

--------------------

#334189 - 08/07/08 12:32 PM
Zara

I think it was because when I was feeling really bad, no amount of fiber (SF or IF) made me "go" and often the bloating and fullness got even worse.

As of now I don't take any supplements besides the Citrucel I mentioned before, and I don't feel any worse. I just got really tired of taking so much stuff and never feeling like a healthy person anyway. I don't even take the peppermint caps or drink the teas. I think it's because last year I must have drank an ocean's worth of fennel and peppermint tea and frankly, I just got tired of it. I used to like it (well, the fennel tea I could tolerate but never craved it, lol) but towards the end I was really sick of it. I felt like me body just needed a break! I still generally stick to the diet (no salads on empty stomach, milk, fried foods, coffee, etc.) but I would also like if my body could stabilize on its own, without supplements. A long way to go I guess...

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#334191 - 08/07/08 12:47 PM
fancymom

I completely agree.
If I take too much SF, I get bloated, full and gassy. Not good. I have felt MUCH better lately by cutting my sugar intake by about 3/4, and taking align and "Primary Defense"- (It's another probiotic)

--------------------
FancyMom

#334923 - 08/19/08 06:19 PM
Jordy

are you still taking the citrucel or acacia? Or just going without any SFS?

--------------------

#334942 - 08/19/08 09:22 PM
Zara

Sometimes I take Citrucel. Maybe that's why I've been more C for the last week, perhaps I need to take more.
I'm sick of supplements though

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2895 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24013

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review