FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: align new
      #333128 - 07/23/08 04:37 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

it's a probiotic. you can google it by typing "align gi"--its had some studies saying it's one of the best probiotics for IBS....but I'm sure someone else can give more facts!

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: IBS (C) Stable for 6 months (Tatyana and Jordy) new
      #333131 - 07/23/08 06:11 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I did't mean to start a debate....just reporting what I've read from real people with IBS-C have reported. I never tried it myself

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#333132 - 07/23/08 06:27 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Ok. Thanks for the info!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#333134 - 07/23/08 06:53 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

Im IBS A..
I have been on align for 4 months now.. I do notice less bathroom issues havent had a ...blow out ( what I call a blow out= painful cramps with constipation ending in diarrhea. I do notice that I have more Gas though.. But its not painful. I notice its always in the morning & not to be gross but Im like a tuba horn every morning HAHAHA.. Again it isn't painful just abundant in the am.. I take my align before bed so maybe thats why?? Anyone else have this with align?? I was off align for 2 days when my pharmacy ran out and I was bloated and couldn't go to the bathroom for those 2 days. So its working..:) I guess we need to stay on it forever then

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

IBS (C) Stable for 6 months--- My tips to Jordy new
      #333145 - 07/23/08 11:55 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Dear Jordy,

I feel your pain. I'm so grateful to my husband for letting me quit working. I'm starting school in September and I hope that won't be messing up my ibs much.

I am sipping on red wine as I'm typing this and I can tolerate about half a glass without a problem.

Wheat never gave me any problems but veggies and fruit did. Now I eat most veggies except: cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli. They give me horrible gas.. I eat raw veggies with skins without a problem and I eat most fruit, except cherries, plums and papaya.
Rice makes me constipated so I eat baked potato or mashed potato, which moves along easier. Baked beans are perfect if you get constipated. If you eat them twice daily, great BM's guaranteed. Although, some beans give me gas. So, to be sure that you won't get gas, you can buy kidney beans, rinse them in water and eat them without a problem.
I don't drink pop because it has no nutritional value. But if I crave it, I might have half a can of 7-up.
I eat a salad before meal and I do fine. Sometimes I just eat a salad by itself without a problem.

(It is amazing how much have changed, comparing to my pains a year ago).

Medications--- don't agree with me, almost any. The worst are anti-inflammatory. I had to go without after knee surgery and that was the hardest thing I had to do. Aspirin and Tylenol is ok.

Samples of things I eat.

Herb tea
Oatmeal or frosted mini wheats cereal with 2% lactose free milk

Nectarine

Grilled chicken spinach salad (At Ihopes Pancake House)
Dry wheat toast with jelly's
Hot water or herb tea

Peanut butter (5 tea spoons)
Hot tea

Mashed potatoes
Smoked Salmon
Raw tomatoes

Dark chocolate
Herb tea

Apple with skins

I know, Heather suggests SFiber but I have to say that SFiber is what gives me problems. Constipation!!!!! I eat little of it and mostly concentrate on IFiber. Soups and soft foods help. Rice sticks so it plugs you up. Mashed potato is better. For people with IBS-C, I have to say, what saves you is BEANS, BEANS, BEANS. At first you might get gas, but with time it will get better. And, to be honest, the less medications and fibers I take, the better I get. Just let your body rest and get rid of everything bad! Herb teas are very healing and full of antioxidants.

I hope I helped, a little.

Tatyana.

P.S. I kept a food journal and never tried two things in one day. Sometimes it took 2 days to take effect and give me an attack. Be patient and write down things that work for you and that don't. Trader Joes is the place to start for dairy free foods, if you have that store near by.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Re: IBS (C) Stable for 6 months--- My tips to Jordy new
      #333147 - 07/24/08 04:01 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Quote:

For people with IBS-C, I have to say, what saves you is BEANS, BEANS, BEANS.

Alright, gotta make some hummus (haven't seen it in the stores here) . I'm glad to hear you're doing so much better, it's always so inspiring!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

My tips to Jordy new
      #333153 - 07/24/08 06:18 AM
Jordy

Thank you so much!
I totally agree with you about the rice causing me Constipation! (even rice cakes and rice noodles) And yes, even brown rice based. Can you do brown rice? .And the beans being a big, big help! Do you eat them everyday...at least once? I love Whole Foods brand pureed on sweet potatoes! Hummus doesn't seem to have enough fiber as the 7 grams you get in 1/2 cup of lentils or baked beans.

When I went gluten free, substituting rice based products, that's when the C got really bad.

Quote:

SFiber is what gives me problems. Constipation!!!!!

Me too!!! At least for the supplement. Does SF food have the same effect or just the supplements?

Quote:

(It is amazing how much have changed, comparing to my pains a year ago).

It sure is! How wonderful for you!

What are you going to go to school for? Good luck. You're doing great! And what impresses me is that you aren't shelling out tons of money for probiotics, digestive enzymes, fiber supplements, peppermint capsules, flax, and on and on! You take NOTHING, right? Not even a beano with your beans?

You go, girl. Keep in touch. You are giving me some hope....after years. You have found what works for you by taking risks and doing your own thing and listening to your body. I thought there would be no way to get better without an SF supplement.

Quote:

. Sometimes it took 2 days to take effect and give me an attack. Be patient and write down things that work for you and that don't. Trader Joes is the place to start for dairy free foods, if you have that store near by.

If it took 2 days, how did you narrow it down to a specific food? What do you buy at Trader Joe's? PS. I'm impressed you can do whole wheat breads and cereals! Don't you wish you do cottage cheese and yogurts?

Oh, one more thing, do you eat any other carbs other than potatoes? or do you eat these every day? How about quinoa or something else,like pasta?

Take your time in answering all this. I know it's overwhelming!

--------------------

PS new
      #333161 - 07/24/08 09:08 AM
Jordy

That is so weird that you can eat apples with skin and not papaya, which is suppose to be pretty safe, I thought. What happens when you eat papaya or plums?

--------------------

Re: PS new
      #333166 - 07/24/08 10:40 AM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

It is weird. When I eat plums, I get gas and bloating but when I eat papaya, I get nausia, headache, upset stomach and diarrea.... And I'm prone to constipation...

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1045 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24293

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review