All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: bump for Zara-nt new
      #334182 - 08/07/08 11:30 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

thanks, Zara. We are so much alike in our thinking, it's spooky...but comforting to. I often wonder why I am not on mega doses of a fiber supplement, like many people with C. So, it's comforting to know that someone else's experience are the same....yet they still believe they can improve.

I guess if you don't feel worse not taking the acacia or the align, why waste your money. You take NOTHING? Not peppermint cap. or digestive enzymes either? That would save me so much money!! And the Natural Calm. You don't take that either, do you?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#334189 - 08/07/08 12:32 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I think it was because when I was feeling really bad, no amount of fiber (SF or IF) made me "go" and often the bloating and fullness got even worse.

As of now I don't take any supplements besides the Citrucel I mentioned before, and I don't feel any worse. I just got really tired of taking so much stuff and never feeling like a healthy person anyway. I don't even take the peppermint caps or drink the teas. I think it's because last year I must have drank an ocean's worth of fennel and peppermint tea and frankly, I just got tired of it. I used to like it (well, the fennel tea I could tolerate but never craved it, lol) but towards the end I was really sick of it. I felt like me body just needed a break! I still generally stick to the diet (no salads on empty stomach, milk, fried foods, coffee, etc.) but I would also like if my body could stabilize on its own, without supplements. A long way to go I guess...

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#334191 - 08/07/08 12:47 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

I completely agree.
If I take too much SF, I get bloated, full and gassy. Not good. I have felt MUCH better lately by cutting my sugar intake by about 3/4, and taking align and "Primary Defense"- (It's another probiotic)

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#334923 - 08/19/08 06:19 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

are you still taking the citrucel or acacia? Or just going without any SFS?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#334942 - 08/19/08 09:22 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Sometimes I take Citrucel. Maybe that's why I've been more C for the last week, perhaps I need to take more.
I'm sick of supplements though

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3064 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24462

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review