All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Honey Nut Cheerios
      #332260 - 07/11/08 10:00 AM
Butch

Reged: 06/13/08

Are Honey Nut Cheerios OK to eat. They are made from oats like oatmeal, but the box says "made from whole grains". Also, I know nuts are taboo, but the nuts are ground up in the cheerios.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Honey Nut Cheerios new
      #332292 - 07/11/08 08:15 PM
tkc

Reged: 07/10/08

I wondered the same thing...I love them. I gave them a try last week, just a handful and ate them dry. Everything was fine. I have only been at this "diet" thing for a few weeks.

Rice chex new
      #332293 - 07/11/08 08:18 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I wonder the same thing about rice chex they say made from whole grain but there on the safe list.? Any know if they still are. thanks
emmasmom
ibs- gas

Re: Rice chex new
      #332294 - 07/11/08 08:19 PM
tkc

Reged: 07/10/08

Rice chex are recommended in Heather's safe foods list. I have been eating them regularly for 2 weeks and have been fine. Kix are also a good option.

Re: Rice chex new
      #332311 - 07/12/08 06:42 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

In my opinion, those "whole grain" claims on the cereal boxes are a marketing ploy to make the cereals seem more healthy. Obviously, the grains have to be pretty processed and refined in order to make cereal! As long as you're not eating a whole wheat or wheat bran cereal, I wouldn't worry about the whole grain claims.

The only reason you might have trouble with cheerios is because they are made with oats - oats do have IF along with SF, and some don't tolerate them as well for that reason.

Unfortunately, IBS is very different in each individual and just because many on the board can eat cheerios, does not mean that everyone can.

Probably not the answer you were hoping for, but unfortunately you just need to try these things and discover what your own tolerances are.

Good luck!

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3834 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4016

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review