All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chocolate Graham Crackers
      #331241 - 06/18/08 11:17 AM
NatHosp

Reged: 11/04/03

I know some of you may disagree, but remember, we all tolerate many things differently. If you are like me, you miss chocolate. I've had IBS for about 8 years now. My saving grace has been Honey Maid Chocolate Graham Crackers. These completely satisfy my sweet and chocolate cravings. If you have been looking for something "fun", maybe give these a try. I'm sure you'll have some idea if you can tolerate these or not.

Just thought I'd share my happiness

Best Wishes!
Natalie

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chocolate Graham Crackers new
      #331242 - 06/18/08 12:09 PM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

I just wanted to concur that these are yummy and when I'm stable I tolerate them very well.

Right now I'm grumpy because nothing is agreeing with me.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Re: Chocolate Graham Crackers new
      #331275 - 06/19/08 09:22 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Yum! According to the nutrition information on Amazon, these should be safe.

The ingredients are: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate [Vitamin B1], Riboflavin [Vitamin B2], Folic Acid), Sugar, Graham Flour (Whole Grain Wheat Flour), Soybean Oil, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Cocoa (Natural and Processed With Alkali), Partially Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Honey, Leavening (Baking Soda, Calcium Phosphate), Calcium Carbonate (Source of Calcium), Chocolate, Salt, Soy Lecithin (Emulsifier), Natural and Artificial Flavor, Dextrose.

The only things that are at all problematic are the HFCS (which comes pretty far down on the list) and the graham flour (which is a form of whole wheat flour but one that is generally well-tolerated by IBSers and, again, comes pretty far down on the list).

As for fat, these crackers get about 19% of their calories from fat: 130 calories per serving, 25 of them from fat.

Thanks for the tip.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1128

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review