Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Struggling to cope..
      #331221 - 06/18/08 05:40 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I've been struggling lately.

For the past few weeks my symptoms have really gone haywire.Admittedly I wasn't eating the greatest.We've been busy and supper well....supper is whatever. I try hard to eat as much sf during the day and have snacked on only the "safe" foods but things are all over the place.

For the last two days all I've eaten is bread, plain rice, plain potato.

For the last three nights I have woken up around 4am with chest pains. I think its gas. I went to the docs a few months ago with the same pains and ended up with blood work, chest xrays and a cat scan. Everything came back normal.
Is this possibly GERD?If so what can I do?The pain is annoying and doesn't always go away when I get up.
I don't eat before bed.My diet is less than the average bird these days,no pop, no coffee,just water.I don't smoke and I'm getting sick of this.

My gas is so painful I've been in tears. I've taken Imodium for gas bloating and cramps but worry that it will slow down the elimination process. I only seem to have D in the mornings but the gas will hit at any time.
What is a good remedy for relieving the gas and cramping?I can't drink fennel tea or peppermint either.
I'm reluctant to go to the docs because of my serious anixety flareups lately. And they didn't help the last time anyway!
It's gotten so bad this week I am having trouble going to the grocery store!!And we really need groceries!!

I don't know what to do next! Any suggestions?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Struggling to cope.. new
      #331222 - 06/18/08 06:05 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Just a thought...sometimes Gas X or anything like that can help relieve the pressure from gas pains-- especially the pains in your chest. I've had that too many times and 2 gas x work really well....

--------------------
IBS-A

#331226 - 06/18/08 08:16 AM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I second Aly's gas x thought. My husband has GERD and gas issues and whenever that pain starts he takes Gas X and it usually helps. Of course it causes him to burp a lot but thats the medicine working. Good luck!! I understand how you feel lately.

Stef

#331253 - 06/18/08 02:57 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

It's good that you got checked out for heart problems so you don't have to worry that is what's causing your symptoms.

I would think that it is either gas or gerd. For gas I use OTC Phazyme and it really helps me. It takes about 30 minutes or so to work.

If I have burning in my chest area then it's heartburn. I take a Tums and in a few minutes it subsides.

As far as the anxiety, I'm on Librax which relaxes me and relaxes my tummy. It has really helped me.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

#331268 - 06/19/08 07:41 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Try taking bean-0 before you eat that helps me alot. And a heat pad on your stomach does wonders for me! Hope you feel better soon.
Emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 611 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2530

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review