All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Wedding Stress
      #331 - 02/03/03 10:11 AM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

I am currently planning a wedding for November, and I am very prone to stress. (As are most IBS sufferers I am sure). Therefore I have terrible IBS attacks as a result. I have talked to my DR., and asked if there was anything that he could suggest (be it something prescribed or otherwise) that would not turn me into a zombie, therefore not being able to enjoy, let alone remember my wedding day, and the days leading up to it. He prescribed a very low dose of Zanax, which I have not yet tried. Is there any suggestions that you would suggest to better enjoy my wedding and the planning, and not be sick to my stomach the whole day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wedding Stress new
      #353 - 02/03/03 03:29 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Sounds silly, but relax and enjoy. It only happens once. Think about your fiancé and how you will be feeling that day. Focus more on the marriage and that might take pressure off the wedding day. I remember being concerned about getting sick (I didn't have the constant symptoms of IBS at the time) so I made sure I had Imodium with me. I didn't need it though. It was a great day and I wish we could do it again. We just celebrated our sixth year anniversary on Jan. 11.

#409 - 02/04/03 09:09 PM
Shawna

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Middle of nowhere in the desert, Ca

Take a deep breath! I am planning a wedding for May! I know exactly what you are going through! I have started taking Bentyl about 3 weeks ago, and that has helped me. I started with my new "heather" diet, today. And me and my fiancee are going through pre-marriage counciling. The thing we both need to do is have a hopeful outlook. My pessimistic attitude makes my IBS worse that anything else. If we can smile and laugh, we can make it. And take life one day at a time. Let me know how it goes!

--------------------
SLicK

#532 - 02/07/03 01:54 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi Stacy -

I know exactly what you are going through - I got married in June this past year. I was suffering with IBS-D at the time and wasn't diagnosed yet (I just got diagnosed in Jan)

My advice and these are crazy tips but I learnt them the hard way...
When choosing your dress pick something that you will not need people to come into the bathroom stall with you, that way if you have an attack you will not have to be embarrassed. (I wore a huge dress and it need 2 people to help me with it - I prayed I didn't get sick that night!)

Lay off the alcohol and only eat breads and pastas that aren't bothersome to you. Even if you ask your caterer for a vegetarian plate for you. They have to accomodate you because you are footing the bill afterall. haha.

But my biggest piece of advice.....Finish all the plans before the wedding day (any pick ups, deliveries etc) That way when you wake up the day of your wedding you can say to yourself, "Whatever is not done today is not going to be done at all - because it is just impossible. I am going to enjoy my day and get my hair done, get in my dress and get ready to enjoy the rest of my life"

Remember - the little things which do not turn out the way you originally planned (and there will be those)will not even be noticed. For example - I had violet and silver decorations and they got put up on a black wall....I notcied that the night of the dance .....but you know what? No one came up to me and said "Man, those decorations look awful." No one even really notices bad decorations - only the ones that are partically nice to them and that's just a matter of their own opinion.

I am happy to report that I wasn't even sick the night of my wedding - how I got so lucky I don't know....

This is your day and set up the way you and your husband will like it. Don't worry about what everyone else will say because they are not you!

Hope you have a wonderful day! Enjoy it - it only comes once.

Best Wishes,

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#535 - 02/07/03 02:17 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Your comment about things not turning out how you planned, is so true. We had a pretty bad snow storm the night before my wedding. The Buffalo airport (I live north of Buffalo) was shut down so my aunt and uncle couldn't fly in and my husband's aunt came in from Texas and was actually stuck at the airport. Also, there was a driving ban in the county were my other reletives (live that live near us) and so we had none of my relatives at the wedding. But we had such a blast. It was so beautiful outside and it was a day we would never forget because of the snow. Sometimes the things we don't plan end up being the best.

We also went simple for the reception and had friends make fancy sandwiches, cookies, scones, you name it. We had an afternoon tea and the reception was at another church. They had a nice big area. This ended up being a blessing since we didn't have to pay extra for the guests who couldn't make it. We still getting comments about the reception and how much people enjoyed the wedding and reception.

#536 - 02/07/03 02:26 PM
Lana_Marie

I think everyone has stories about things that have gone wrong for their wedding.

Mine is that our best man lost our wedding rings and was scrambling around to find them. I didn't know they were lost until our best man's wife came flying up in her mini van, jumped out and ran by me saying "I am so sorry Lana". Carrying the ring pillow. Then the best man came out dragging his son (our ring bearer) saying "Son, you hold onto these very tightly until Don and Lana get them ok?"

I was laughing just because of the pure terror on their faces.

Not everything will go perfect thats for sure haha

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#740 - 02/12/03 11:16 AM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

Thank you soo much for your reply. I have been struggling with this for a few months. My wedding isn't even until November and I am already stressed about how I will feel that day/night. Your advice was great. I myself tend to worry too much about the little stuff, and in order for me to survive the wedding I have to let go of trying to control everything. I must say that, that is some of the best advice I have recieved. Thank you soo much!
Stacey

#843 - 02/13/03 12:55 PM
Lana_Marie

Also - remember it is a great opportunity to get, for gifts, items which will assist you in making your IBS life easier. Such as bread makers, non stick frying pans, blenders etc.

I know that's not what one looks forward to as a rule, when it comes to weddings, but when registering for gifts be sure to add these kinds of items on there. May as well get items that will help you out.

I know that's where I got alot of my cooking for IBS tools. Although - I didn't register for any gifts - I am happy I received these items.

Not being shallow - just honest!

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 752 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3705

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review