All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
please help
      #330921 - 06/11/08 05:39 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

ok i not been feeling too fab all day today thena bout an hour ago i started getting sharp pulling type pains in my upper stomach area - i managed to get home jsut as i was getting in the cramps started in my tummy - then i had to rush to the loo and empty my bowels - my bloated tum has gone down a bit but im still cramping a little and although have taken my laparomide and anti spasmatics feel as though i could go again - when i was getting really bloated and nausea earlier though i was getting twinges in my upper back - is this all wind ? is it the build up to an ibs attack ? am paranoid there is somethign else wrong with me (but i do have health anxiety) can anyone relate to this type of thing ??? plaese help !!!

oh i need to add - last night i had a packet pasta in sauce with some grated cheese on top and about 3 mouthfuls of ice cream ?? so nothing majorly wrong

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: please help new
      #330923 - 06/11/08 05:51 AM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

hi jen, my name is also jen and i am also from the uk! not far from warwick either, how strange!First of all, everything you described sounds typical of ibs! I am not sure about the back pain, it could just be a coincidence and also you may have just thinking too much into it? sometimes bodies are just random and as long as pain has stopped now i would put it down to one of those things? The stomach pains are your gut spasms and it can be really painful, so dont worry that it is something more serious!
as for your meal- it doesnt sound too friendly for me, ice cream and cheese are one of the worst triggers. I had bad IBS over the weekend for eating some of my mans ben and jerrys!! wont be doing that again!

#330925 - 06/11/08 06:06 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

ahh thanks hun - i have had ibs for 7 years and i dont recall ever having the pains and sharp pulling pains high up in my tummy - i always get the cramps and that ! ice cream for me is a no no and cheese i can normalyl tolerate a little bit - but maybe its not agreeing with me anymore - i dont eat properly as it is so im jsut really stuck on wat to eat right now - why i am the size i am irll never know !!!

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

#330928 - 06/11/08 06:32 AM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

have the pains calmed down now? if it was something not related to the ibs i imagine it would be all the time? my pain usually goes after going to the loo or soon after. if they are still there, you may need to go again?
I know what you mean, sometimes i can eat crap and still be fine, and sometimes eat good and feel crap! remember it is not just your diet, but getting yourself stressed can worsen it too. If you are nervous and anxious in your head, then your stomach will be too!!! I am a naturally anxious person and like you worry that i have other health problems etc, so I think that is part of it. even before IBS, if I had an exam or was nervous, I would rush to the loo! I find it really hard wit food and in the UK doctors are crap! I went the other day and they said dont worry and take immodium as much as you want! what is your typical diet? When I follow heathers diet, I do feel better, but has not worked completely. Dairy, high fat and wholewheat is definitely a no no for me and I do follow that as a rule!
I try just to take it on a day by basis, make sure I have pepermint tea, stay relaxed, eat the right stuff etc, and if I need to take a tablet.I am doing my teacher training next year and detirmined to be better by then! when I went into schools for my experience, I totally forgot about my stomach and it was only at the end of the day/ break times that I even thought about going to the loo! so sometimes is mind over matter!

#330945 - 06/11/08 10:18 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Hey Jen hope youare feeling better now.
I too am having a bad day. I barely made it home from work.
I think it was the cheese on my pizza last night.opps!
I get pains and cramps all over and sometimes get freaked out that it might be something else too.I had a cat scan and they said I was fine so...it's definately not a tumor.!

I've been really bad lately and haven't been eating very well so I guess I'm paying for it.
Hope you feel better today!!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1715 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1348

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review