All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I'm going to Disney World in June, first time with IBS there, does anyone (m)
      #329898 - 05/17/08 01:33 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

know if there are plenty of restrooms? I've been there before having trouble when I didn't pay attention to such things! I'm going with my kids and hubby. As long as I have time in the morning to do my routine, I should be OK and of course watch what I eat but I need to know there are bathrooms everywhere! Knowing how Disney is, I'm sure it will be OK, just wondered how many have been down there with their IBS. From what I heard, almost every place caters to special needs diet so I should be OK. I just have to watch the snacking as there are lots of places to get yummy things, especially at the world showcase at Epcot.

Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm going to Disney World in June, first time with IBS there, does anyone (m) new
      #329900 - 05/17/08 03:13 PM
LogicalGator

Reged: 04/27/08
Loc: Maryland, USA

I've been there a couple of times. That was before I had IBS, so I also didn't pay as much attention to either the bathrooms or the food available, but I think that especially with Disney you should always be able to find a clean bathroom reasonably close (I would guess within 5-10 minutes walk from wherever you are at all times). Make sure to grab a map of the park on your way in, and pay attention as you're walking so you know where they are (that can be easier than finding them on the map). The people working at the park can also direct you to the nearest one. I have no idea if they have EFI-approved food, but I would think if you go to the restaurants or the cafeterias, you could find something to eat, whereas you may not have any luck with the small vendors along the walking paths.

By the way, of all the theme parks I know of, my impression is that Disney has the best reputation for cleanliness and things running well, and I'm sure bathrooms are a good part of that.

I've never been there... new
      #329901 - 05/17/08 04:40 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

...but my husband has so I asked him. His simple answer was, "yes".

Having a map with bathroom locations is an excellent idea.

I hope you have fun and this IBS doesn't ruin your vacation!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Re: I'm going to Disney World in June, first time with IBS there, does anyone (m) new
      #329910 - 05/18/08 05:32 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

thanks, that reassuring. I forgot that the people that work there are trained for excellence in everything so pointing me in the direction of a bathroom should be one of their deals!

#330151 - 05/24/08 11:12 AM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

There are lots of bathrooms. I didn't have any problems finding one in time. I did keep my eye out for them as I was walking aroud. I used alot of resturant bathrooms.

As for the food. We stayed at a hotel that provided a shuttle....we decided to take our car so that I could bring my own food. We would then just go to the parking lot and have a "car picnic". When we were done we would go back in. You have to pay for parking but you have to only pay once for the full day. So you can park hop. We found this easier than waiting for the shuttle, going to all the stops, waiting for people to get on, dropping people off, hoping that I wouldn't have to use the restroom, ect. Our hotel also had a mini fridge and a safe. We used the fridge alot. I didn't want to be caught without any food I could eat. My DH says you can bring in a soft cooler.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

Yep!! new
      #330167 - 05/25/08 11:05 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

The DH and I went on our honeymoon there last April - 8 days, stayed onsite at the Port Orleans resort. I found lots of bathrooms - watch for guest services signs and there they are!

Plus to help you out with the menus here are a couple links - they have every restaurant,snack stop and quick service counter listed. Plus I found that if I told the server I had food allergies, the chef would come and speak to me in person to ensure I was alright.

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/disneydining.cfm

WATCH for the Italian restaurants - I had 2 bad experiences because people didn't listen and I don't want anyone else to have to sit for 2 hours outside the bathroom and miss out on the fun stuff! They like to deep fry - they forgot to grill my chicken. (Mama Melrose's at Disney Hollywood Studios and Tony's Town Square at Magic K.)

I highly recommend some of the counter service spots! At DHS Backlot Express (grilled veggie sandwich) and Studio Catering Co. (chicken cesar wrap). And most places you can have veggies instead of fries!

We ate out really fancy one night - the California Grill atop of the Contemporary Hotel. WOW!! I told the server I was allergic to milk and they made me the most wonderful dinner I have ever had, including the one at my wedding which was great. They custom grilled chicken with roasted potatoes, chantrelle mushrooms. It wasn't on the menu - but it was AMAZING!!! Plus the view is fantastic. We sat watching over Cinderella's castle at sunset. Phenominal!

Anyways, feel free to ask me anything about WDW!!! I love the place! (Note the sorcerer's hat in the background of my avatar!)

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#330353 - 05/29/08 03:30 PM
melinda413

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Findlay, OH

I went to Disney World last June, right after having a month straight of IBS attacks, i was TERRIFIED! I packed a lot of safe snacks with me. I brought pretzels, rice cakes Honeycomb cereal, and pita chips. After we got there we went to a local grocery store too to pick up some stuff that I didn't want to travel with. The bathroom situation was not really a problem for me, every time Ineeded one I found one pretty easy.
The heat however sucked when I wasn't feeling good, I wanted to get out of it that second. As for the food, I was fine every place we went EXCEPT the Animal Kingdom park. This was the oe that I was so excited to go to. We were all starving by mid day when we decided to eat. There were almost NO options. They had Rain Forest cafe, which this wa at lunch so none of us wanted that or were willing to apy that much at that time. The only other actual food option was McDonalds, but not even a regualr McDOnalds, it had a limited menu, didn't even have grilled chicken which was my go to food where ever I went that had no safe options. I decided to eat something anyways since I was so hungry, BIG MISTAKE. The whole time on the safari ride which we did right after I thought I was going to burst. When we got done I ran to the bathroom and then had to spend the rest of the night in the hotel.
Every other place though was fabulous and I had no issues with! So have fun!

--------------------
Melinda
IBS-A but leans toward C mostly

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1378 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2841

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review