All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Red Lobster new
      #329822 - 05/15/08 02:14 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Has any one eaten here with sucess? I saw were they have light menu with tablia and baked pot Do you think this would be safe? Hubby really wants to go there and its not fair to him that I have ibs.I would really like to take him but he won't go if I have nothing to eat! Any suggestions will be great thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Red Lobster
      #329850 - 05/16/08 05:25 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

I have had limited success with grilled fish and rice or baked potato. Problem is that they love to cover everything in butter and the fish has more fat than it should because they use butter in the grilling process. You have to stress that you can't have the butter and you should be OK. The Tilapia is not as good as what I fix at home but it is OK. My hubby loves the place too!!

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Re: Red Lobster new
      #329853 - 05/16/08 05:47 AM

Unregistered

Crab legs! They're steamed! You can get a plain baked potato on the side. Sounds delicious! Have fun

#329856 - 05/16/08 07:22 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I always go to Red Lobster when we're in Duluth MN (which is where I'm off to tomorrow!) and I have the snow crab legs with lemon, not butter and a baked potato - I tell them to put the butter on the side and don't use it. I have the salad with oil and vinegar dressing at the end of my meal. Then the DH orders the chocolate cake for dessert and I have a forkful or two!

Hope you enjoy!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#329859 - 05/16/08 07:39 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Tell them you're allergic to dairy - I've been known to do that. I used to feel bad about lying, but I've come to realize they take an allergy request much more seriously than if they just think you're picky or are trying to lose weight.

Stay away from the biscuits. Not only are they rich and fatty, they have cheese in them.

--------------------
IBS-C

#329860 - 05/16/08 07:43 AM
Rogue

Reged: 01/27/08
Loc: Ottawa, Canada

CRAB LEGS mmm so good
I tell the server im lactose intolerent and they always go out of their way to make sure nothing has butter oh and instead of the buns they serve i ask for a peice of sourdough bread with no butter. it comes toasted and its a nice portion to. its yummy

--------------------
IBS-A mostly D, Emetaphobic, GAD

#330152 - 05/24/08 11:19 AM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

I get the ultimate feast (lobster, crab legs and shrimp) and tell them I am allergic to dairy. I substitue grilled shrimp for the other shrimp on the plate (I can't remember what it is). I ask for a plain baked potatoe. It usually turns out ok. However I have had to have them remake it before because they forgot or were sloppy. Then everyone else was finished with thier meal and I was just getting started. Make sure you stress that you are allergic to dairy or they just don't care as much.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1977 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2575

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review